• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Dyson Daniels

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Regardless of who starts, minutes are going to be staggered so that we see Bogi with Trae when floor spacing is needed and next to Bufkin to help with ball handling and scoring.  Trae is probably going to play around 35 minutes per game and Daniels and Bogi will both clearly play a lot more than 13 mpg.  

Wouldn't be surprised to see Trae/Bogi/Daniels at some points.  We are going to have a lot of lineup versatility next year

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Trae/Bogi/Daniels at some points.  We are going to have a lot of lineup versatility next year

I expect to see that at times.  Why wouldn't we?  Between Bogi, Daniels, Risacher, and Hunter we could see any of those 4 on the floor together at times.  I could see lineups where there are all 3 of them or even possibly Daniels running point, Bogi at the 2, Risacher at the 3, and Hunter at the 4 in "small" ball lineup of wings.  There is just a lot of versatility there.  

• Like 1

Daniels can run at 1 through 3. A Trae, Bogi, Daniels trio is very likely.

Can you imagine a defensive backcourt of Bufkin and Daniels? That’s serious ball pressure. Add them alongside any combo of ZR, Hunter, JJ, OO, CC, and you have a lockdown unit if you ever needed a stop.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Daniels can run at 1 through 3. A Trae, Bogi, Daniels trio is very likely.

Can you imagine a defensive backcourt of Bufkin and Daniels? That’s serious ball pressure. Add them alongside any combo of ZR, Hunter, JJ, OO, CC, and you have a lockdown unit if you ever needed a stop.

Yep..championship 

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As long as we don't have Dyson along with Capela I the starting lineup. CC's lane clogging will limit Dyson without a reliable 3pt shot.

CC needs to go

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi and Trae as a starting combo just has never done it for me. I live 6th man Bogi

I should have specified but I wasn’t intentionally recommending that as a starting group. Just a likely 3 man lineup in the rotation.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AtLaS said:

I'm really liking our team right now.  If DD/ZR start, could you imagine having Bogi/Hunter and CC or OO coming off the bench?  That is deadly.

If ZR isn't ready to start I think he's a pretty solid off the bench guy.  We just need that floor stretching 5 and CC needs to go.  If we got Ayton I am extremely optimistic about this team this season.  If not, a lesser version 5 that can stretch the floor will unlock this team.

Al Horford helps the Celtics SO much b/c he spaces the floor.  The lane is always wide open.  

Problem is every team in the league wants a floor stretching 5 and there arent many of them out there

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Problem is every team in the league wants a floor stretching 5 and there arent many of them out there

Yet.  Teams are going to have to draft and develop these guys, but you have to target this type of profile and not the dinosaur profile of bigs.  

Most of us have heard the old adage:  "You are what you eat!"  

In the NBA we might then say:  "You are who you draft!"

Over the years Atlanta has had some good and some bad drafts.  Rich clubs in major markets can buy who they want, sometimes better than other times.  Clubs like us must depend on the draft and grow your own.  Lately our drafts have been more hit than misses!  What was the name off that superstar that wanted to leave his club and come here?  Oh, yeah.  Him.

:smug:

hace 16 horas, JeffS17 dijo:

There is a stretch 5 that really did well in limited minutes last year on a playoffs team and now is a FA, Orlando Robinson, I think we could give him a chance, better than what we have

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

https://www.espn.com.au/nbl/story/_/id/40577203/2024-paris-olympics-key-takeaways-australia-boomers-exhibition-matches

Australia's x-factor: Dyson Daniels

It shouldn't be understated just how good Daniels has been over the course of the Boomers' four warmup games thus far, and especially the pair in Abu Dhabi.

He's the Boomers' go-to point of attack defender on the opposing team's primary offensive option on the perimeter, and has consistently picked up 94 feet, delaying an opposition trying to get into their actions. Daniels' ability to stay in front and glide with the player he's guarding is at an all-world level, and the chaos he's causing on the defensive end has played a huge role in the team's ability to run; there's an argument that he's playing that Matisse Thybulle role from the Tokyo Olympics with only slightly less of an ability to be disruptive, but being more reliable with his ability to stay disciplined.

On the other end, Daniels has played his role to perfection. He's been able to make timely cuts, can act as a second or third playmaker if needed, and hit probably the biggest shot of the game against Serbia: a deep three from the top to give Australia a lead they'd never relinquish. He had 14 points and three steals against the USA, before dropping eight points, six rebounds, and three assists vs Serbia, playing a key role in the Boomers' game-sealing run in the fourth quarter.

Daniels is an extremely important part of this team on both ends. He has the capacity to be the head of the snake defensively, and is a dynamic, athletic point of difference on the other end.

Much has been said of the omission of Thybulle, but Daniels looks primed to fill that role in a really effective way.

Hell yeah! This is exactly what I'm expecting from him this year. Put him next to Trae, JJ, and OO and the Hawks will be really good, imo. 

The folks claiming we didn't better just aren't thinking clearly. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 7:00 PM, REHawksFan said:

Hell yeah! This is exactly what I'm expecting from him this year. Put him next to Trae, JJ, and OO and the Hawks will be really good, imo. 

The folks claiming we didn't better just aren't thinking clearly. 

We subtracted Murray and Bey.  We’re adding Dyson, Risacher, Nance, and pretty much Bufkin.  
I’m still hoping we make another move or two.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We subtracted Murray and Bey.  We’re adding Dyson, Risacher, Nance, and pretty much Bufkin.  
I’m still hoping we make another move or two.

We subtracted Murray who didn't fit with Trae and Bey who didn't play much D and shot really poorly from 3pt. My contention is we would be better overall simply by breaking up DJ and Trae. 

Now we've added defense around Trae and players that don't have the fit issue with Trae. 

I think we are clearly better right now. The question is by how much? That's what we should be discussing, imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'll also add that this is the best collection of defenders that Trae has ever played with. That's exciting.

In 21-22, Trae led the Hawks to the 2nd highest OffRtg in the NBA.

Trae

Huerter

Capela

Gallo

Collins

Bogi 

Hunter

Delon

OO

Lou Williams

That was your top 10 rotation players (by min) that were 2nd in the NBA offensively. 

I'm not saying this years crew us as experienced or accomplished (they arent), but they can absolutely be a good offense led by Trae. 

• Like 2