• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Dyson Daniels

JayBirdHawk

7 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Another low cost bench player.  We got totally screwed in this deal.  

Well, I’m not sure. He kind of fills the 1/2 spots, possibly a 3 at times so the cost actually makes up for it to me in the versatility he brings and again, I’m not knocking Murray but he just didn’t fit with Trae over a 2 season outlook on it so getting Dyson and getting back in the 2025 draft with the Lakers pick is not bad to me. We could have done a lot worse that’s for sure. AAAAANNNNDDD, we didn’t give in and trade him to the Lakers as much as they were trying to corner us with bs media outlets.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Not exactly related here but that Pelicans roster still has little to no creation/playmaking ability.  Maybe its somewhere murphy iii can improve but dj fit with zion and ingram is mediocre at best imo

• Like 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Not exactly related here but that Pelicans roster still has little to no creation/playmaking ability.  Maybe its somewhere murphy iii can improve but dj fit with zion and ingram is mediocre at best imo

Murray’s reputation is really at stake.  If he doesn’t boost NOP, people will understand his style of play doesn’t raise the floor.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Murray’s reputation is really at stake.  If he doesn’t boost NOP, people will understand his style of play doesn’t raise the floor.

I suspect it doesnt, but I also wish him the best, and I need them to sweep the Lakers next year.

At a minimum, Murray is goingcto be excellent regular season insurance for the inevitable missed games from Ingram and Zion

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Are we keeping Ledell Eackles? I mean I know he tore his acl but he moves well for a dude his size. I remember him from the draft a few years back. What is he 6’6”? Wonder if he makes our world 🌍 and will be on our radar or are we cuttin him loose? 

He has a guaranteed deal so probably a real chance he is kept.  Cheap enough to be cut if we want, though.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

While I was hoping for someone more established, I do like that Dyson has legit upside and Quin is a great coach to help develop someone's offense.  Will be rooting for him all the way.

This should not however be a rest on your laurels move. In a nutshell...there is much to be done. Running back the core with Daniels does nothing for me.  Or potentially for Trae.  We obviously won't or can't be aggressive but selling off any positive assets won't help the Hawks either.  This is called purgatory.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Love the Dyson pickup.  IYKYK.

But his acquisition is the mashed potatoes.  We still need the turkey.

That said, I could listen to that accent all day long.  He's the new Thabo, baybee.. 

I suppose getting the turkey would then be the gravy we are all waiting/hoping for.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Wrong holiday food this week..lol

Okay okay… Dyson is like the baked beans creating fierce offensive defense.  Risacher is like the watermelon that could be potentially the most tasty, comforting treat if he cuts it.  Sweet, chilled watermelon goes with everything.  Bufkin is the dessert our sibling’s new girlfriend is bringing.  We’ve heard good things, but we don’t know firsthand. 

However, we are currently sitting with an empty bun hoping Uncle Don’t Fold Laundry (a nickname he earned because he always shows up to family events with wrinkled clothing) didn’t forget he was responsible for the barbecue.  

Edited by Hawkish