• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Dyson Daniels

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
On 6/29/2024 at 5:56 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Overall he looks good passing.  My only worry is he reminds me of Ben Simmons near Trae under the basket in the playoffs passing out instead of going strong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Overall he looks good passing.  My only worry is he reminds me of Ben Simmons near Trae under the basket in the playoffs passing out instead of going strong.

Silver lining is at least he doesn’t have superstar expectations/comparisons to Lebron on a team that’s picked to contend for title, to destroy his confidence and send him in to mental funk.

Hopefully DD continues to grow under the radar until you look up one day and he’s All-NBA Defense.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Silver lining is at least he doesn’t have superstar expectations/comparisons to Lebron on a team that’s picked to contend for title, to destroy his confidence and send him in to mental funk.

Hopefully DD continues to grow under the radar until you look up one day and he’s All-NBA Defense.

I think he will absolutely be all nba for defense (provided the voters ignore him wearing a hawks jersey).  

And I think his passing and vision will be great for Trae (and the rest of his teammates ).  But I do hope he will take the easy baskets.

8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Damn, makes you wonder why NO gave up on him so quickly.  Gotta give up to get I guess.  But he’s already a better floor mapper and more willing passer than DJ.  A few of those dishes looked Trae-level.  He’s not afraid of weird angles or passing backwards when he recognizes his teammate has an attack advantage.  I don’t mind passing up paint shots too tough if the player is confident (and right) that the pass will result in an open three for a proven shooter or clear And 1 opportunity for a proven scorer.  There’s certainly a nice rhythm and cadence to his game, he’s very confident in his size.  

I certainly ain’t looking for him to be a savior or this fringe AS level super role player like the trending Derrick White comps but I haven’t been this intrigued about a new acquisition since Delon who I fell in love with.  Daniel’s 110 to 111 career rating is more likely to improve than worsen mainly due to switching  to the  weaker conference and playing alongside a far better assister than any in NO.  

For whatever reason(s) AJ didn’t work out after flashing a great shot his rookie year.  Quinn and staff better get Daniels near average to make it right.  If he can force a moderate frequency of close out attempts the more Jalen alley oops we’ll get to enjoy 😄

Ya'll gotta read my scouting reports, the boy scouting reports are on point

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll gotta read my scouting reports, the boy scouting reports are on point

Bro you posted a draft scouting report with like 100 dudes on it, we can’t follow! 😆

I missed your Daniels report, link to it if you could, thanks in advance.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know about easy win. Murray is in a superior situation as well but this will help the Hawks a lot more because they got two years of cheap years with Daniels. That Risacher/Daniels tandem is 19/21. That's a young tandem and they play Basketball the right way. 

Murray is an awkward fit on teams with players needing the ball

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Murray is an awkward fit on teams with players needing the ball

He kinda has to be the ball handler to a degree. He's like a more needy PG version of Iso Joe.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gotcha

Hopefully he can start to peak with his rebounding and support Jalen in the grab and go area.  One of my biggest gripes with Trae is the fall off from his early seasons on the defensive glass.  Can’t look up court, outlet, nor push as quickly when your passing/ vision guys aren’t boarding.  Not just him tho the team has to box out better so he can attack rebounding space.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Bro you posted a draft scouting report with like 100 dudes on it, we can’t follow! 😆

I missed your Daniels report, link to it if you could, thanks in advance.

I been on Daniels since hisnrookie year, hillbilly.  I hate all rookies so that should've piqued your interest.  I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest. 🥹 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Career to date he is pretty good from the corner but terrible on other 3’s.

That’s ok. We all know PJ Tucker had a hell of a career on corners 3s and playing great defense.

not that we don’t want him better in other areas just saying it works 

• Like 2