• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Dyson Daniels

JayBirdHawk

56 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

After letting the DJM trade digest for a week, I see the vision.

Ready for the season to start…like tomorrow.

WOW!  Tell me again, who did we have to add to Murray to get this player?  Whoever it was, we got a steal!!

🥰

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

I been on Daniels since hisnrookie year, hillbilly.  I hate all rookies so that should've piqued your interest.  I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest. 🥹 

I see you back in Nov 22.  Good eye.

I didn’t know Daniels from a can of paint before we acquired him, same with Naji.  NO isn’t exactly League Pass appointment viewing with Zion and Jonas clogging, BI iso-ing, and CJ masquerading as a Point.  They don’t start cooking until Murphy starts hunting good looks and GTA starts pestering.  Herb always gonna shine defensively but his offensive package is still shaky.

Edited by benhillboy

6 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

After letting the DJM trade digest for a week, I see the vision.

Ready for the season to start…like tomorrow.

Dude broke the tape down like a boss too.  Seems like his scoring gravity and post d are the only glaring weakness to his game.  I just love his leverage and angles on defense.  He beats offensive players to their spots with ease then he hits ‘em with the halo to wall they ass off.  Jrue and Dort have the best turn and run technique for my money but Mafia Double D ain’t far off.  That’s a rapper from Detroit, I’m putting my bid in for his nickname now.

I can’t wait to see this kid in (real) game action as well but I’ll settle for Summer League until then.  He is on the roster right?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Dude broke the tape down like a boss too.  Seems like his scoring gravity and post d are the only glaring weakness to his game.  I just love his leverage and angles on defense.  He beats offensive players to their spots with ease then he hits ‘em with the halo to wall they ass off.  I can’t wait to see this kid in (real) game action as well but I’ll settle for Summer League until then.  He is on the roster right?

3rd year player so unlikely

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

but I’ll settle for Summer League until then.  He is on the roster right?

No Summer League.

He's playing for Team Australia in the Olympics. Watch him there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

3rd year player so unlikely

I hear you.  120 career games with 27 starts is right there at the “too experienced for Summer League” threshold I guess.  Old dudes trying to reclaim a spot ain’t a thing anymore?  I remember a handful of dudes back in the day with 10+ years of service out there.

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No Summer League.

He's playing for Team Australia in the Olympics. Watch him there.

Yall been posting the vids too, totally slipped my mind.  It doesn’t seem like proper Olympics season yet, more Summer-y.  I haven’t seen any promotion.  Anyone plan on watching breakdancing?!  So weird.  And nearly 40 years too late lol.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Yall been posting the vids too, totally slipped my mind.  It doesn’t seem like proper Olympics season yet, more Summer-y.  I haven’t seen any promotion.  Anyone plan on watching breakdancing?!  So weird.  And nearly 40 years too late lol.

Qualifying tournaments for badketball are currently ongoing, trials for track and field ended last Sunday.  The Olympics starts July 26th.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Still disappointed we never got to see Dunn healthy when he was here.  I thought he could be a nice complimentary piece in the rotation if he could have been remotely healthy.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We make fun of Hawks DNA, for good reason, but if you have enough high IQ guys who hustle on both ends, defend, play without the ball, etc… you have the makings of an actual culture and identity.

What is the good reason?  Landry told us the types of players he values (the type of player you described) and then he went out and started bringing them in.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

What is the good reason?  Landry told us the types of players he values (the type of player you described) and then he went out and started bringing them in.

He also brought in Wes Mathews, JHol, Zeller, etc.