• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Void at the shooting guard position

Peoriabird

Since our starting 2 guard was traded...What will the Hawks do to fill the void?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Offense will be a problem next year.  Trae and Murray gave us close to 50 a night. How do you replace that.  

If you thought Trae and Murray were bad defensively what do you expect from Trae and Bogi. That's a nightmare.   Twenty point scorers are hard to come by. Where are the points coming from, Zacc and Dyson two guys who have never put up numbers in inferior leagues but will do so in the NBA. I may be wrong but I  just don't see it. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

It's a no-brainer. 

It really isn't.  Hawks were net more than 10 points better per 100 possessions with Bogi on the floor last year than when he was off.  (NO was +0.1 better with Daniels.)  This is context dependent so not the be all end all but we have clearly been much better with Bogi playing for a while here.  Bogi is the vet who has been wanting to start for years and now has the opportunity.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is starting when next season tips off.

Daniels is going to be in the rotation but I wouldn't presume he will be the starting SG.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AHF said:

It really isn't.  Hawks were net more than 10 points better per 100 possessions with Bogi on the floor last year than when he was off.  (NO was +0.1 better with Daniels.)  This is context dependent so not the be all end all but we have clearly been much better with Bogi playing for a while here.  Bogi is the vet who has been wanting to start for years and now has the opportunity.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is starting when next season tips off.

Daniels is going to be in the rotation but I wouldn't presume he will be the starting SG.

Bogi and his offense will be needed on the floor when Trae is on the bench. And Daniels and his defense are what Trae needs beside him. Along with Daniels needing Trae's offense to offset his deficiencies there. 

It should be a no-brainer. 

• Thanks 1

Currently we have a PG: Trae, 2 combo guards: Daniels and Bufkin and a SG: Bogi.

I think we have more hole at PG than at SG. Daniels Will play more 2, Bogi wil play a lot and Risacher should be playing the SG as well.

However we need a capable PG, if Trae goles down is Bufkin and Daniels a capable PG duo?

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Bogi and his offense will be needed on the floor when Trae is on the bench. And Daniels and his defense are what Trae needs beside him. Along with Daniels needing Trae's offense to offset his deficiencies there. 

It should be a no-brainer. 

Quin played Trae 34 mpg last year and Bogi 30 mpg.  That leaves plenty of time for Trae to play with Daniels as well if Bogi is starting.  Starting doesn't mean you only play with the starters.  (DJM started last year and ran a lot of the second team lineups, for example, whereas Huerter played a lot with Trae whether he was starting or not).

• Like 3

On 6/30/2024 at 12:14 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

At the end of games, Quin is still going to opt to finish the game with

Trae - Bogi - Hunter - JJ - OO

Zacch would have to be playing at a higher level than Bogi or Hunter, to crack that end of game rotation.

I mean, unless people are fine with Trae going into Iverson mode with this lineup

Trae - Daniels - Zacch - JJ - OO

With this lineup, Trae is shooting the ball 50% of the time. Can't trust Daniels as a shooter. OO can't create his own shot. Zacch is a rookie so he'll be good and bad, and while we all want JJ to be a 20+ ppg scorer, he doesn't have that mentality yet.

So get ready for Trae Iverson in the 4th quarter of these games. 

No way all 4 of those guys stay healthy for a long period of time(Bogi,Hunter,JJ,OO)... 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

No way all 4 of those guys stay healthy for a long period of time(Bogi,Hunter,JJ,OO)... 

I agree with that.  I could maybe see one of them playing 70+ games but their collective history suggests missing 20+ games is more likely.  Hopefully the additions of Daniels and Risacher gives the Hawks the additional wing depth they will inevitably need.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Sad but true. True for any team but especially for us. That’s why us stacking the deck with bigger wings that can shoot or defend at a high level is critical. We completely unraveled at the loss of one of JJ/Bey/Hunter. We should be able to keep the chamber loaded next season even if 1 or 2 go down for a few games.

• Thanks 2