• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Couldn’t get Capela settle for Theis 🤭 

They could have easily had Capela, imo.  What they couldn't easily do is add Capela and dodge the tax.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

They could have easily had Capela, imo.  What they couldn't easily do is add Capela and dodge the tax.

That whole Robert Williams to Nola, Ayton to Atlanta deal would have been dope for them. They could have offloaded Ingram and saved money overall.

• Premium Member

Scrimmage here, team USA versus some hodge podge of players including cooper flagg.  Flagg looks nice here, plays like a vet, smooth.  I can see why he's been hyped.  In other news, Lebron is looking very washed man.  I don't want to beat a dead horse but that Lakers pick could be nice lol

Are the Jazz a minor league basketball team for the other 29 organizations? Good young players just cannot be in Utah it seems like. Like what is their plan? Acquire as many picks as possible, hit on a few, trade those guys away in 2 years, and do it all over?

• Premium Member
On 7/8/2024 at 10:46 PM, akay said:

Let's give em Cody and a top 12 protected 2032 FRP and ride :sun:

But then...there's this:

Jazz rejected two first rounders for Walker Kessler?

i_e6_82_d0_walker-kessler.png?w=190

The Knicks have interest in trading for Utah Jazz big man Walker Kessler, but the cost could be steep. SNY’s Ian Begley reported on Tuesday that teams had offered two first-round picks to Utah in recent weeks and were rebuffed. Begley added that the value of the first-rounders offered was not known. Specifically, it was not clear if there were protections attached.

– via SportsNet New York

Maybe he didn't realize he turned down two?Screenshot_20240709_195534_Samsung Internet.jpg
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But then...there's this:

Jazz rejected two first rounders for Walker Kessler?

i_e6_82_d0_walker-kessler.png?w=190

The Knicks have interest in trading for Utah Jazz big man Walker Kessler, but the cost could be steep. SNY’s Ian Begley reported on Tuesday that teams had offered two first-round picks to Utah in recent weeks and were rebuffed. Begley added that the value of the first-rounders offered was not known. Specifically, it was not clear if there were protections attached.

– via SportsNet New York

Maybe he didn't realize he turned down two?Screenshot_20240709_195534_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ainge looks like an old bitter turd 💩 🤭 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20240709_195534_Samsung Internet.jpg

Danny played when guards didn't go into the paint without repercussions.  He still upset with Tree Rollins, lmao

Todays league is beyond soft compared to how it used to be.

I WANT!  I WANT!

Me and mine!  Doesn't matter what is best for the team or for the NBA.  This has become the cry of too many NBA players and the NBA has given in to their cries.  When a player demands, and gets, a huge contract, this means that his team has less money to pay their other 14 players.

It's great to want to make tons of money.  Taking away money from your teammates is what you are doing.  Any NBA team is limited in the total payroll that is available until they reach the point of having a massive tax bill because they overpay their players.  Punishment for going over is growing bigger and bigger.

To my way of thinking, and I may be wrong (I've been wrong before) but here it is.  Player A is due for a new contract.  "I want you to reduce the pay of my 14 teammates so that I can get a huge raise!"  How else is the team going to come up with the money to pay him?  Go over the payroll limit and encounter that huge payroll tax?  Is this player worth it?  Have the NBA raise the payroll limit so that more funds are available to pay him?  

Mega rich teams can afford to pay these players, pay the extra tax and smile all the way to the bank because they can still make money.  Other, less fortunate teams can't.

:ahf: 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope the Clips added protections in his contract. 3yrs/$150 mil.

Why replace a big defensive wing with Derrick White?  Feels like they needed someone like Mikal Bridges or Jaden McDaniels