• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Leon Rose, President of the Knicks is also Brunson's Godfather. His agent Sam Rose is the son of Leon Rose.

@kg01 @phoostal

Something smells 👃  

Wow, but NY is a market bigger than most countries.  Paid endorsements for life in NY has value.

Nova Knicks gonna be interesting to watch.  I don’t hate them, and would love to see us become a competitive match up.  

Feels like they are violating karma or universal law with the Bridges acquisition and Brunson signing.  Also, Hartenstein is a huge loss.  

• Like 1

hace 8 minutos, kg01 dijo:

Why'd they re-sign Claxton then?

Ah well, who cares?  Just get me Cam Johnson.

Claxton is a great player, you can start a rebuild keeping what you think is worth for tour future, Cam Johnson is also a great player.

Our squawk silverware and kitchen accessories look great. We got a small Trae, a medium Trae (Ris) and now we need a big Tray. 🍽️ 

Any big dudes in the draft next year with that Trae/Risacher 💇🏻. We need our last doll.. TRAY!!! 

Laundry 🧺 likes ze hair up there 👆🏿 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Claxton is a great player, you can start a rebuild keeping what you think is worth for tour future, Cam Johnson is also a great player.

I could see them keeping him as he could be flipped for assets.

Not sure I'd use "great".

hace 54 minutos, kg01 dijo:

I could see them keeping him as he could be flipped for assets.

Not sure I'd use "great".

Top 10 defensive player of the year, 2 seasons ago, top 5 MIP, he is what we would like OO to be, athletic, has size, outstanding defense, average offense, he regressed a little last year due to injuries but still he would be an upgrade over CC and OO, so yes, great player 

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Why'd they re-sign Claxton then?

You make a great point, but there's an answer -- to trade him for picks this year. 

They gonna showcase him with the elite playmaking of Ben Simmons and cash in baybay. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, warcore said:

Ben Simmons

iRobot? Ya he doesn’t exist anymore we broke him in 2021. He will never be anything more than the resurrected career of Fultz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Top 10 defensive player of the year, 2 seasons ago, top 5 MIP, he is what we would like OO to be, athletic, has size, outstanding defense, average offense, he regressed a little last year due to injuries but still he would be an upgrade over CC and OO, so yes, great player 

Better than OO and Capela is questionable.  Either way, that does not equal great. 

• Thanks 2

hace 1 minuto, kg01 dijo:

Better than OO and Capela is questionable.  Either way, that does not equal great. 

A top 10 defensive player that is 25 years old is a great player, no matter how you look at it. And he is better than OO and CC, I don’t think anyone outside of Hawks fans think differently.

17 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

A top 10 defensive player that is 25 years old is a great player, no matter how you look at it. And he is better than OO and CC, I don’t think anyone outside of Hawks fans think differently.

Why argue?

Pose it to the board.  Is Claxton a "great" player or not? 

We throw around that word way too easily. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why argue?

Pose it to the board.  Is Claxton a "great" player or not? 

We throw around that word way too easily. 

Claxton is a good young player. Hasn’t accomplished anything to be considered great in any capacity.

Great upside maybe, but that’s not the same thing.

Either way, I agree with you, “Why argue?”

• Like 2