• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why argue?

Pose it to the board.  Is Claxton a "great" player or not? 

We throw around that word way too easily. 

We should just put ppl in brackets, like top 5 center? Top 10 center? Claxton is probably top 15 imo.  Wouldn't call that great by NBA standards but that means he's in the top 25% of rotations centers which is solid.  

i think where i see ppl have big disconnects is where one person is baking in perceived upside versus judging where players are at today 

21 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

... i think where i see ppl have big disconnects is where one person is baking in perceived upside versus judging where players are at today 

I think you're great, jeffe.

But maybe I'm just baking ... :smoker: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

:indifferent: Yeaaaaa.. it’s game time maybe you need your lil :sleeping: 😆 

couldn't decide between the laugh and thank you emoji's.... bottom line - that made me laugh. 

And sheeeeei - I wish! I'm working 12 hour shifts all weekend I ain't havin' no fun. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nepotism is going to ruin this kid’s career. 

He wouldn’t be in the NBA at all if not for nepotism.  It is the reason he has a chance.  Up to him to crave out a role.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nepotism is going to ruin this kid’s career. 

Not sure he has a career to ruin but its definitely gonna ruin his mental health

• Moderators

The NBA promoting him like this does him a real disservice.  Makes it impossible for him to live up to expectations which become incredibly unreasonably for someone with his talent.  Agree Jeff that constantly falling short of those expectations combined with the failure to live up to his father can’t be great for him mentally.  Hope he has a strong sense of self worth without having a massive ego.  That would serve him well if he can shut a lot of that out and just give it his best.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Why in the hell did he stay in the draft?  LeBron is about to retire anyway and Bronny will be immediately cut.  Bron should have told him to stay in school.  

If he stayed in college for 4 years, improved, he could have become a late first/early 2nd and enter the NBA when he was much more ready to contribute and actually have a chance at a career.  But after this abomination noone is ever going to give him another chance.