• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

This game wasn’t built on stats and all that bs it was on instincts and WINNING! 

Let’s see… when OO was out and Trae was in but Bogi was out we’re were a +.02… $hit like the LSAT! 

NERD ALERT ‼️ 🤓 

Ya, I don’t care, when the ball is loose in the floor, go get it faster than the other guy and you’ll prolly build that through habits and that becomes winning, a habit of good consistent effort.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

This game wasn’t built on stats and all that bs it was on instincts and WINNING! 

Let’s see… when OO was out and Trae was in but Bogi was out we’re were a +.02… $hit like the LSAT! 

NERD ALERT ‼️ 🤓 

Ya, I don’t care, when the ball is loose in the floor, go get it faster than the other guy and you’ll prolly build that through habits and that becomes winning, a habit of good consistent effort.

Get good metric players and you’ll win games.  Strong numbers and winning go hand in hand.  It is why the league as a whole has given them more and more attention over time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wow, this won't be sustainable for Boston.   But they got a championship so that's all that matters. 

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

Get good metric players and you’ll win games.  Strong numbers and winning go hand in hand.  It is why the league as a whole has given them more and more attention over time.

Why the 💩 you have to be the voice of reason all the time? :mellow: It’s Sunday this is where Spud spreads his wings 🪽 and gets all nostalgic and whatnot! :huh:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AHF said:

I think the win share stat (and per minute version) is not the best but is one of the better “all in” metrics.  Being on a bad team doesn’t stop someone from posting a strong number and being on a good team doesn’t carry a bad player.  

On JJ and Mobley, I think health is a huge distinguishing factor and that combined with draft slot and metrics should mean Mobley’s contract is much bigger than JJ’s.  I’m skeptical that Cleveland ends up keeping Mobley and Allen, though, and this seems like an all-in move on Mobley.

I love WS/48 for guards and wings because I started studying Steph and Jimmy well before I got into metrics and their’s are so similar in their wildly different careers, regular and postseason.  I’ll be anxious to see if Jimmy can stay above his .204 career mark and if Steph can surpass .200, currently at .198.  They’ve been in so many different situations in terms of role and roster construction I know it’s a reliable tool to identify team floor and ceiling raising players.

Edited by benhillboy

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

By squawk logic the celtics are saying Hauser is a player worth going way over the second apron. 

I see this move as the Celtics knowing that they are only able to extend players already on their roster.  Their only other option is vet mins and draft picks.  
Teams without four all stars need youth, patience, picks, and financial flexibility.  If they pretend the wrong guys are all stars, such as Hunter, Collins, Capela and Murray, then they prove anyone can spend like Boston with play in results. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, macdaddy said:

By squawk logic the celtics are saying Hauser is a player worth going way over the second apron. 

Unironically, yes, this is how you retain a championship roster— Celtics cant do anything but extend and retain, with a tony bit of room to operate in trades

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Uuuuuummmm

sa-what-viola-davis-again-hmm-mmm-gif-14

cant-you-see-that-sasha-duncan-elijah-th

crazyeyes-stevebuscemi-bigeyes-gif-10061

Screenshot_20240723_201349_Samsung Internet.jpg

They did say the design philosophy was focused around things he likes so....

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's a bunch of whiners and lovers on that team.  I'll let yall stumble on JoeLLLL's latest comments complaining that he would've won if he had a super team.  Smh 

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's a bunch of whiners and lovers on that team.  I'll let yall stumble on JoeLLLL's latest comments complaining that he would've won if he had a super team.  Smh 

I'm HIGHLY skeptical of teams that have that much turnover from year to year.  Chemistry actually matters in basketball.  This isn't scrabble where they can just dump their tiles and get new ones.  Well they can, but they may end up with a bunch of vowels, and X and a Z.  IOW, may not fit together.

IN:  Drummond / Paul George / Eric Gordon / Reggie Jackson / Caleb Martin

OUT:  Tobias / Buddy Hield / Mo Bamba / Nic Batum / Paul Reed / Shake Melton / Robert Covington

I think they are losing almost 12,000 minutes from last year.  It's fairly remarkable and will be very interesting to see how it plays out.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm HIGHLY skeptical of teams that have that much turnover from year to year.  Chemistry actually matters in basketball.  This isn't scrabble where they can just dump their tiles and get new ones.  Well they can, but they may end up with a bunch of vowels, and X and a Z.  IOW, may not fit together.

IN:  Drummond / Paul George / Eric Gordon / Reggie Jackson / Caleb Martin

OUT:  Tobias / Buddy Hield / Mo Bamba / Nic Batum / Paul Reed / Shake Melton / Robert Covington

I think they are losing almost 12,000 minutes from last year.  It's fairly remarkable and will be very interesting to see how it plays out.  

I get it looks good on paper and ps5 so fans love it.  But you're right.  We saw how a bad real-life fit can spoil a good 2k "fit". 

• Like 2