• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

32 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm HIGHLY skeptical of teams that have that much turnover from year to year.  Chemistry actually matters in basketball.  This isn't scrabble where they can just dump their tiles and get new ones.  Well they can, but they may end up with a bunch of vowels, and X and a Z.  IOW, may not fit together.

IN:  Drummond / Paul George / Eric Gordon / Reggie Jackson / Caleb Martin

OUT:  Tobias / Buddy Hield / Mo Bamba / Nic Batum / Paul Reed / Shake Melton / Robert Covington

I think they are losing almost 12,000 minutes from last year.  It's fairly remarkable and will be very interesting to see how it plays out.  

I hate the ring chasing, stack the deck teams as much as the next person, but I don’t think the Sixers are doing anything explicitly egregious this offseason. They had $55 million in cap and decided to spend it. I can’t be mad at that. The guys they brought in are team friendly pieces.

PG8 is no worse a fit than Harris was, but likely even better due to his BBIQ on both end. Drummond and Jackson are clearly there as the vet backups to Embiid and Maxey. They don’t need to do too much to make an impact but have shown they can still get it done  in big ways off the bench for multiple teams.

Martin and Gordon are versatile, veteran role players who know how to be effective on teams with star players.

I don’t see a scenario where there’s a player whose game won’t naturally mesh. Every piece added has a proven record of thriving next to other ball dominant players. PG hasn’t been the main dude since Indy, which is also the last time he had anything close to a dominant center.

They will have growing pains but I see this group meshing well. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I hate the ring chasing, stack the deck teams as much as the next person, but I don’t think the Sixers are doing anything explicitly egregious this offseason. They had $55 million in cap and decided to spend it. I can’t be mad at that. The guys they brought in are team friendly pieces.

PG8 is no worse a fit than Harris was, but likely even better due to his BBIQ on both end. Drummond and Jackson are clearly there as the vet backups to Embiid and Maxey. They don’t need to do too much to make an impact but have shown they can still get it done  in big ways off the bench for multiple teams.

Martin and Gordon are versatile, veteran role players who know how to be effective on teams with star players.

I don’t see a scenario where there’s a player whose game won’t naturally mesh. Every piece added has a proven record of thriving next to other ball dominant players. PG hasn’t been the main dude since Indy, which is also the last time he had anything close to a dominant center.

They will have growing pains but I see this group meshing well. 

It looks very good on paper but remains to be seen how it plays out.  While I think PG is a big upgrade on Harris, he is another injury risk on a team with one huge ever present injury risk.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sothron and others who like those jerseys will definitely approve.  I loved those teams but hated those uniforms.  Was so happy when we brought the Pac back.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Those uniforms are terrible!

Don't @ me @Spud2nique or @Sothron

You are outta your mind. Well, in more than one way. 

Btw, offtopic but am I nuts for actually being excited for GT basketball for the first time in yeeeears?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Nembhard shot 55% from the floor and 48% from 3pt range in the playoffs.  He shot 35.0% and 35.7% from 3 his first two full seasons.  Will be very interesting to see how this deal plays out.  Feel like a hot series probably added 40% to this contract.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nembhard shot 55% from the floor and 48% from 3pt range in the playoffs.  He shot 35.0% and 35.7% from 3 his first two full seasons.  Will be very interesting to see how this deal plays out.  Feel like a hot series probably added 40% to this contract.

Chris Crawford

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Maybe it was the system he was playing in.  Seems like whatever lead player is in there sees an elevation in his numbers. 

🙃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Trade deadline for Major League Baseball is just around the corner for the Braves.

Meanwhile, in the NBA, we watch and wait for something to happen with our beloved Hawks.  Our roster is sated, yet we have needs.  Players that many of us thought would be gone by now are still with us.  Offers have come in but nothing coming close to serious.  If we begin the season with our current roster intact, so be it.  Hawks are not in the mood to simply give away the players that we already have.

Sooner or later, someone will decide that the Hawks have a player that they really need and get serious.  Until then - - - 

:smug:

• Haha 1

I don’t do the fancy Twitter embeds but Tyus Jones signs with the Suns.  I’ll have to actually take them serious now.  Kid is a throwback Pure Point with God tier assist to turn whose eFG spiked in his first season as a starter.

Durant, Beal, and Book together will always be silly but he will decrease their turnovers slightly while taking the threes they don’t.

50 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wow.  That's like 6'4" tops right?

He has to be squatting, there’s no way.  Shelden Williams is listed as 6’7.5 without shoes. He and Clint should be no more than 2 inches off shoulder to shoulder.

• Haha 1