• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

• Premium Member

Caleb Martin seeking $15 million annually?

i_5f_cf_d8_caleb-martin.png?w=190

A source close to Martin said he had been hoping for a deal easily topping $15 million annually. Teams have expressed interest, including Philadelphia, but nothing had materialized as of Thursday morning.

– via Miami Herald

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Caleb Martin seeking $15 million annually?

i_5f_cf_d8_caleb-martin.png?w=190

A source close to Martin said he had been hoping for a deal easily topping $15 million annually. Teams have expressed interest, including Philadelphia, but nothing had materialized as of Thursday morning.

– via Miami Herald

I mean, when you see the contracts being handed out to good but not great players, you start to think real highly of yourself, then reality sets in. Only so many guys can make the kind of money you see going out which means there is a very small pot left to fill out rosters. The cap room left for really good role players is abysmal once the “stars” get paid. 

• Like 3

hace 6 horas, RedDawg#8 dijo:

I mean, when you see the contracts being handed out to good but not great players, you start to think real highly of yourself, then reality sets in. Only so many guys can make the kind of money you see going out which means there is a very small pot left to fill out rosters. The cap room left for really good role players is abysmal once the “stars” get paid. 

Well I think Caleb Martín is a real good player, a 3&D Guy that can knock down some shots and defend at a high level, he would be a better addition than Bey and with a similar impact as Hunter. If I would be the GM definately he would be a player I would try to sign on a multiyear deal for 10M$ or so per year. He would be perfect here, a winning move.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They don't even add the #1 pick? This is messed up.

1.  That's some ol' bowl sh*t.

2. All the folks up in arms over the whole 'Bronni getting drafted' thing need to pay attention to this as it 1000% does not benefit Lebron to put the kid there.  It benefits the league - more attention = more dollars.

Yeah Lebron got him drafted but folks gotta stop pretending the league (i.e. all teams) aren't happy it happened from a money standpoint. 

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Why don’t we have a 😡 emoji I could have used it here. It hasn’t even started and it’s started, heck it started last year.

I want a mad emoji but I also know I'd abuse it.  I'm torn. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Man. If the Spurs pull this off.

This-Pelicans-Spurs-Trade-Is-Focused-On-

That would be really interesting to see how that worked out and how much they would pay him.  He would not be my ideal wing next to Wemby but he should come pretty cheap (from NO not on his next contract).

• Thanks 1