• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

so much for expanding any trades

I already laid this out earlier, it's only expanded on the NOP side to account for DJs salary.

The BI market just got even more limited with DeRozan to Kings and Bridges back to Charlotte.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I already laid this out earlier, it's only expanded on the NOP side to account for DJs salary.

The BI market just got even more limited with DeRozan to Kings and Bridges back to Charlotte.

Is DeRozan to kings finalized?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting structure 

I like that for Orlando.  Clearly they want him back and are willing to pay but they made him both a potential bargain and protected themselves after next year.  Nice work for them.  They can afford it next year and after that they aren’t committed for too much.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AHF said:

I like that for Orlando.  Clearly they want him back and are willing to pay but they made him both a potential bargain and protected themselves after next year.  Nice work for them.  They can afford it next year and after that they aren’t committed for too much.

Very well negotiated deal by the magic. So many teams just hand out the max, no questions asked. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting structure 

This is really interesting -- I thought there were rules about year over year salary increases or decreases being capped?  I don't think I've ever seen a deal that declines 40% like that

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This is really interesting -- I thought there were rules about year over year salary increases or decreases being capped?  I don't think I've ever seen a deal that declines 40% like that

Orlando had capspace to renegotiate his salary for this season only, then keep the remaining years within the threshold structure for increase/decrease.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Very well negotiated deal by the magic. So many teams just hand out the max, no questions asked. 

Yeah they did a great job negotiating Isaac. Then behaved like all the other teams when it came to Wagner. Strange. 

• Like 1