• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

• Moderators

I still wish they would have replay officials review potential flops.  Play would continue on court as it was called but if a previous play was ruled a flop by the replay official then the player would be assessed a tech.  2 techs and they are gone from the game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I still wish they would have replay officials review potential flops.  Play would continue on court as it was called but if a previous play was ruled a flop by the replay official then the player would be assessed a tech.  2 techs and they are gone from the game. 

They would still find a way to be biased. Trae gets called for a flop upon review on a questionable act and then Lebron or Luka do the same thing and they say the video evidence was inconclusive lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

They would still find a way to be biased. Trae gets called for a flop upon review on a questionable act and then Lebron or Luka do the same thing and they say the video evidence was inconclusive lol

It's also difficult because a player can be fouled and still flop to sell it and ensure the call.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

It's also difficult because a player can be fouled and still flop to sell it and ensure the call.

Yeah it would have to be an outright egregious flop.  They make this determination anyway (supposedly) when they instituted the fines for excessive flopping and it changed things.  There is a lot less of the terrible flops we used to see but they are still there.  So might as well do it when it matters.  The threat of getting tossed from the game will bring it under control quickly. 

• Premium Member
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
On 9/10/2024 at 11:52 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I like this change but the cynical part of me just thinks that this is one more tool in the ref tool box to influence the game.  Why do I feel like the Hawks are going to be on the short end of this reviewing an out of bounds play and they call some ticky tacky garbage on us during the review.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Never heard this before:

NBA great had ‘cross burned in yard’ plus ‘paint poured on mom’s car’ for leaving ACC

When NBA Hall of Fame forward Dominique Wilkins, 64, flipped from North Carolina State to attend the University of Georgia out of high school, in his words, “All hell broke loose.”

Despite being born in Paris, where his father was stationed as a military officer, Wilkins spent the majority of his childhood in Washington, North Carolina, following stops in Dallas and Baltimore.

The top hooper in the state, Wilkins braved life below the Mason-Dixon line in the 1960s and 1970s. Unfortunately, life worsened for Wilkins and his family once the McDonald’s All-American left the ACC, Wilkins shared on the “All the Smoke” podcast, last week.

“First of all, if you were a great player in the state of North Carolina in those days, you don’t leave the ACC. It was like against the law to leave the ACC,” Wilkins said. “So, I signed a letter of intent with North Carolina State. The University of Georgia came out of nowhere. ... The thing is that I didn’t want to be compared to anyone. So when I made that decision, all hell broke loose. I got all F’s on my transcript, paint poured on my mom’s car, and I had a cross burning in my yard.

“I got arrested the next day. I’m coming out of a store and I had $3,000 in my pocket. A gentleman said, ‘We’ve got to arrest you, we saw you steal that tape.’ Police came. My cousin was on the police force and he said, ‘We are going to go down to the police station and we’ll work it out.’ Then he said, ‘You know what, I’m gonna take you home, we are gonna pack up the house, the whole family out tonight. So we left at 12 o’clock at night, and I didn’t go back for 30 years.”

Wilkins, who spent 12 years with the Atlanta Hawks from 1982 to 1994, survived growing up Black down south to become a nine-time NBA All-Star, seven-time All-NBA pick and a two-time NBA slam dunk champion, but not before changing his environment.

“I was like, ‘Why would I steal a $3 tape? I’ve got $3,000 in my pocket,’” Wilkins said.

https://www.nj.com/sports/2024/09/nba-great-had-cross-burned-in-his-yard-and-paint-poured-on-moms-car-for-leaving-acc.html

• Sad 2