• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

On 9/26/2024 at 7:26 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Congratulations to him on a 16 year career. He used to give us hell back when he was in MVP form in the early 2010s. Best of luck to him in the future. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

To all you Squawkers in the Florida area in the path of impending Hurricane Helene - Please stay safe!

Torrential rain and wind gusts at 45-50 mph expected in Georgia tomorrow morning as Helene passes thru being downgraded to a Tropical storm. 

Georgia wasn't ready for Helene. This storm was way worse than expected. I live in Augusta and it was/is bad. Stay safe and stay off the roads unless you absolutely have to travel.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Burd you must answer for these lady refs!

Eta.  As a show of good faith, I'll answer for all the dude refs.   They suck!

Seriously though, I don't think it's a gender thing.  I just think they made some poor hiring choices.  What's the name of that parttime ref that had the months long feud with Trae?  Clown a**. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

On 9/21/2024 at 5:24 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Another successful volunteer event I participated in. Dyson and Roddy were in the house during my shift. Also got a free Hawks bucket hat.

20240921_171325.jpg

You should send it to @shakes  

It’s got to be getting hard to find bucket hats these days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Ew, Passan is a smarmy, unctuous phony. ESPN is really going downhill. The one good basketball writer they had left, Zach Lowe, was let go. What are they doing in Bristol?

Yeah that news was mind blowing.  ESPN is a business tho, as long as their bottom line is satisfactory they could care less what real sports fans feel about their quality of programming.  

They finally gonna make that dude earn his money, he reportedly gets a milly for covering baseball, seemingly on a zoom call from his home office every time I see him.  I don’t mind him as the lead baseball guy but I can definitely understand why many don’t.  Having him cover the NBA seems like an April Fools joke but sadly it isn’t.  Lowe’s 10 Things was up there with @lethalweapon3 game threads as far as basketball reading enjoyment for me.  Almost.

More off topic and mind-blowing, Caitlyn Jenner was drafted to the NBA.  It was back when they had 37 rounds, still crazy 🤪 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1