• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope he didn't think he'd live to see peace in the middle east, that ballistic missile barrage into Israel was completely wild...never seen anything like it.  I know this isn't a politics/world events forum but that was truly insane, looked like asteroids coming down from space

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Scoot gonn be out the league by end of year

@NBASupes

30 second clips can be a tad misleading. Saw something about him having an issue with the reporter who asked the question, hence the response.

Full video:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting!!!  As long as they call it fair down the middle.

image.png

Yeah but I found the rest of the interview ...

"Yeah so don't expect a repeat of Haliburton's gawdy stats 'cause he folded like a bad poker hand as soon as the game got more physical than a senior citizens flag football scrimmage." -Rick C.

My man Carlisle does not hold back. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting!!!  As long as they call it fair down the middle.

image.png

I definitely don't think of the "old" NBA as the last decade of no hand checking, etc. free movement.  To be "old NBA" I have to go back at least to the 90's, 80's, or 70's.  The NBA before the 70's only exists on paper for me since I've watch very little of it and didn't follow anyone from that era while they were still playing.  (I recognize mileage will vary on this type of perspective since it is relative to the viewer.)

There was a clear change after the AS break in officiating, I don’t see much more change they can make.  They made you finish through incidental contact on drives.  I must’ve seen Tatum and PG throw their hands up at no calls 20 times a piece. And they allowed “hand checking”, TJ McConnell and Jalen Suggs assured me of that.  I put it in quotes because fans can’t seem to untie on what it actually is 😆

I’m torn on stationary offensive charge calls.  When smalls hustle up and do it I’m wit it.  Bigs taking charges doesn’t sit well at all.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Would love to see them get rid of shooting foul calls for touching the arm after the ball is already gone.   Makes no sense. 

I'd love to see then get rid of refusing continuation due to tHe nEw rULeS, but then granting it on the other end as if tHe nEw rULes only apply to certain players ...

... wait, I think I figured out the problem. 

• Like 3