• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

• Premium Member
On 10/11/2024 at 10:10 AM, Phunkabilly said:

Ya'll hear about the Pelicans thinking about using Herb as their starting center this year?  Seems absolutely asinine to me...

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/10/pelicans-eyeing-herb-jones-as-probable-starting-center.html

I feel bad for DJ man, I was hoping the Pels would assemble a better roster than this but no one wants Ingram.  Ah, who am I kidding, I just need them to beat the Lakers and I'll be happy.  Either way, glad we got that trade off ASAP lol... 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I feel bad for DJ man, I was hoping the Pels would assemble a better roster than this but no one wants Ingram.  Ah, who am I kidding, I just need them to beat the Lakers and I'll be happy.  Either way, glad we got that trade off ASAP lol... 

NO does seem to be trying to stab itself in the eye.  Really strange decisions to hold McCollum and Ingram and go without a center.  DM was a good deal for them but they seem to be doing everything they can think of to make sure it isn’t successful.  This team needed to move CJ and Ingram and better balance the roster if they were going to make the move for Dejounte.  I think fit issues are going to make this deal look better for us than it actually was as we improve our fit dramatically with no more Trae and DM combined with the additions of DD, Nance, and ZR and NO seems to be run by the Fox executives who managed Firefly.  (How many different ways can we try to **** up a good thing?)

• Like 3

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I like Porter as a player when healthy. But $38M per year? Really?? No thanks. 

The way the CBA is designed, above average players get the max.  If you have a great team you can't afford to lose key contributors so you have to pay them.  Because of the "max" contract the very best players in the NBA are underpaid.  No way in hell I want MPJ at that price.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I would trade anyone not named Trae, Jalen or Zacc for MPJ.

IMG_7646.jpeg

IMG_7645.jpeg

IMG_7644.jpeg

I don't like MPJ's contract over the next 3 years especially considering you have to consider Jalen's contract over that duration as well.

image.thumb.png.21d71479c651e4904474b75e46542f41.png

However, if they're willing do Dre + Nance for MPJ, you'd maybe consider it. 

On 10/12/2024 at 11:15 AM, AHF said:

NO does seem to be trying to stab itself in the eye.  Really strange decisions to hold McCollum and Ingram and go without a center.  DM was a good deal for them but they seem to be doing everything they can think of to make sure it isn’t successful.  This team needed to move CJ and Ingram and better balance the roster if they were going to make the move for Dejounte.  I think fit issues are going to make this deal look better for us than it actually was as we improve our fit dramatically with no more Trae and DM combined with the additions of DD, Nance, and ZR and NO seems to be run by the Fox executives who managed Firefly.  (How many different ways can we try to **** up a good thing?)

I mean, we could always trade them a center if they really need one lol

December 15th sounds like a good time to play ball with them on a deal lol

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I mean, we could always trade them a center if they really need one lol

December 15th sounds like a good time to play ball with them on a deal lol

They have to take Zeller too and pay through the nose for him.