• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

37th huh. Lame 😒. Can we file a complaint to the NBA? :jesus: That’s like trying to turn your boss in for harassment to your boss. :indifferent:

Uh huh. IYKYK

That's actually a good point.  BSPN is objectively terrible.  But who do you complain to?  What's the remedy? 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Trae Young, rated #37 in the NBA and some of you actually think he might be on the all-star team?  He's the top-rated Hawk.

Brooklyn has a bridge for sale.  You should buy it!

😝

Bear the Hudson River? Don’t folks show up floating in there 😆 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I watched the Locked on NBA podcast this morning as the Title was, "Are Atlanta Hawks a Surprise Playoff Contender?" or something like that.  In reality, the actual pod had the guys from the Heat, Hornets, Pacers, and Magic on the video and then they piped in segments from Brad about the Hawks.  Outside of a 30 second clip from one of Brad's videos they didn't mention the Hawks at all. 

It was all about what each of the other 4 teams (including the Hornets for crying out loud) were going to do and whether they could be playoff or play in teams.  They essentially concluded that the Hawks should be a play in team "because the rest of the East sucks at the bottom."  Really?  A backhanded compliment is all we can muster?  

I say that to say, there's literally no coverage of the Hawks from anyone other than local folks who's job is to cover the Hawks.  I cancelled my sub to The Athletic because they essentially eliminated all Hawks coverage.  ESPN can't be bothered to even mention the Hawks unless its projecting them to be Bottom 5 in the NBA defensively.  

I used to think it was just lazy journalism but I'm starting to think it's more personal than that.  People can't fathom that the Hawks can be good or that the Hawks have good players.  The only thing that's going to change that now is winning to create a buzz.  

In fairness, it is everyone outside of Atlanta that sees the team as being pretty uninteresting this year.  Vegas has us with a losing record and they are financially invested in getting it right.  The return on DM was future weighted and the first pick was not the usual caliber of prospect.  Those of us in Atlanta can see how impactful the improvement in fit might be and how Dyson, ZR, etc. have more upside than they might be credited with by these people but for the rest of the league we traded for a guy who was benched in the playoffs and drafted a 19 year old French player who wasn't the consensus #1 pick in a draft where the consensus is the top of the draft was weak.  Nothing else really was an attention getting move.

When the Hawks start winning regularly they will get more attention.  Until then, they will lump us in with the Hornets.  It is too bad we struggled with injuries after making the ECF and then did the disasterous DM trade.  We had a chance to change the impression of the team and instead kind of reinforced the "why care about the Hawks?" default view of sports journalists outside of Atlanta.

On 10/16/2024 at 7:23 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Comical.

BR TNT team top 50 player ranks Trae:

Chuck- 46th

Shaq- 23rd

Kenny- 31st

Combine those divide ➗ by 3= 33.33333 😆 

They had Trae at 37th.

So then 37+33.blah blah=70 ➗ ✌️ = 35th

So, SI +The TNT 🧨 crew minus ➖ the smartest one who they didn’t poll (Ernie) would average Trae out as the 35th best player in the league huh 🤔

Well, what a deduced from this is that..

image.gif.a96bd8a0205be97eacb7b299fb9b0f99.gif

• Haha 3

On 10/16/2024 at 2:58 PM, AHF said:

In fairness, it is everyone outside of Atlanta that sees the team as being pretty uninteresting this year.  Vegas has us with a losing record and they are financially invested in getting it right.  The return on DM was future weighted and the first pick was not the usual caliber of prospect.  Those of us in Atlanta can see how impactful the improvement in fit might be and how Dyson, ZR, etc. have more upside than they might be credited with by these people but for the rest of the league we traded for a guy who was benched in the playoffs and drafted a 19 year old French player who wasn't the consensus #1 pick in a draft where the consensus is the top of the draft was weak.  Nothing else really was an attention getting move.

When the Hawks start winning regularly they will get more attention.  Until then, they will lump us in with the Hornets.  It is too bad we struggled with injuries after making the ECF and then did the disasterous DM trade.  We had a chance to change the impression of the team and instead kind of reinforced the "why care about the Hawks?" default view of sports journalists outside of Atlanta.

Just be honest with me, AH.  We're going 0-83 aren't we?

• Haha 3