• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

• Premium Member

So last big question is where does Klay go? I low key hope he goes to LA because I think that locker room could implode, or Klay's knees, or ADs knees for that matter, and Lebron already requires 4 weeks PTO these days to make it through a season.  That pick will be interesting.  Only team in the West to get worse so far is who?  Clips?  Maybe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

So last big question is where does Klay go? I low key hope he goes to LA because I think that locker room could implode, or Klay's knees, or ADs knees for that matter, and Lebron already requires 4 weeks PTO these days to make it through a season.  That pick will be interesting.  Only team in the West to get worse so far is who?  Clips?  Maybe?

Really good question.. I think Klay's market is very overstated. 

I'm not even sure teams want to use their MLE on him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s definitely going Lakers cuz of pops and saying the warriors offer to him was “insulting”. (The :airquote: I made up to stir $hit up).

Seems obvious to the Lakers so his pop can go all gaga when he makes 2 shots in a game.  But ignore all the moments when he shows Father Time is untouched.

Plus it let's LAL get a 'name' to win the press conference.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Insane bag for Hartenstein but OKC desperately needed a big that wasn't a twig so I kinda get it

But is he going to start or backup Chet? If he starts with Chet at the 4, there goes their beloved 5out offense. Very expensive If a backup.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But is he going to start or backup Chet? If he starts with Chet at the 4, there goes their beloved 5out offense. Very expensive If a backup.

My guess is he's the backup.  They have a ton of guys on rookie scale deals (Chet for two more years), which allowed them to overpay for Hartenstein, kind of the same overpay type deal as FVV got for the Rockets.  They'll be in somewhat of a crunch in '26-27 season depending on Williams/Caruso/Chet extensions, but they can likely maneuver around it as the cap will be going up, or they will be able to offload Hartenstein with 1 year left on his deal as an expiring.  I'm surprised they didn't try to structure this as a declining salary deal (maybe they did).

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Insane bag for Hartenstein but OKC desperately needed a big that wasn't a twig so I kinda get it

Ohhhh, jeffe got bars.  That 90's East coast flow . 😃

15 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

$30m a year is WAY too much for that archetype

His playing history dictates he could be one helluva expensive backup

Yeah, OKC better win-now.  They gonna get expensive real quik. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3