• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

theheroatl

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

My guess is he's the backup.  They have a ton of guys on rookie scale deals (Chet for two more years), which allowed them to overpay for Hartenstein, kind of the same overpay type deal as FVV got for the Rockets.  They'll be in somewhat of a crunch in '26-27 season depending on Williams/Caruso/Chet extensions, but they can likely maneuver around it as the cap will be going up, or they will be able to offload Hartenstein with 1 year left on his deal as an expiring.  I'm surprised they didn't try to structure this as a declining salary deal (maybe they did).

It definitely has the smell of a declining.. 

Hartenstein is an overpay, but the Thunder were really lacking another big man. Especially when the bean pole was on the bench. I like this signing for the Thunder a lot. Their biggest weakness was just solved and the western conference is wide open.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

If I'm a Nugget fan, I'm pissed.  Seems they won it all then decided not to pay anybody.  They better hope Braun and Watson(?) take massive leaps. 

If Jokic misses time, boy they gonna be bad.

Yeah, also Steph Curry.. how's he feeling today.. LOL

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But is he going to start or backup Chet? If he starts with Chet at the 4, there goes their beloved 5out offense. Very expensive If a backup.

love the move for OKC.    I don't think he starts, but it does give them lots of options.  They can go small with 5 great defenders or they can go big with Ihart.  Ihart isn't broken on the perimeter so it still protects the spacing when he plays.

Love the move and also love the re-signing of Joe and Wiggins.

Chet/JDub/Caruso/Dort/SGA with IHart/JOe/Wallace/Wiggins/JWill 

That's a good 10 man rotation, 9 if you remove JWill.

Can also go Hart/Chet/JDub/Dort/SGA with Caruso/Wallace/Joe/Wiggins/JWill.

Is Kreji signed with the Hawks?

Here are the best available players IMO.  I don’t expect the Hawks to snag any though:

Tyus Jones

Bruce Brown

DeAnthomy Melton

Goga Bitazde

White Joe Ingles

Nick Claxton

Jose Alvarado

Slo Mo

Jordan McLaughlin

Point Diff Delon 

Daniel Theis

Gary Payton II

Simone Fontecchio

Isaac Okoro

Edited by benhillboy
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Is Kreji signed with the Hawks?

Here are the best available players IMO.  I don’t expect the Hawks to snag any though:

Tyus Jones

Bruce Brown

DeAnthomy Melton

Goga Bitazde

White Joe Ingles

Nick Claxton

Jose Alvarado

Slo Mo

Jordan McLaughlin

Point Diff Delon 

Daniel Theis

Gary Payton II

Simone Fontecchio

Isaac Okoro

I'm interested to see if SloMo can get snagged by the Hawks or what he commands salary wise.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Tyus Jones

Bruce Brown

DeAnthomy Melton

Goga Bitazde

White Joe Ingles

Nick Claxton

Jose Alvarado

Slo Mo

Jordan McLaughlin

Point Diff Delon 

Daniel Theis

Gary Payton II

Simone Fontecchio

Isaac Okoro

Tyus Jones - looking for a starting role with commensurate pay

Bruce Brown - $20 million expiring

DeAnthomy Melton - yes

Goga Bitazde - yes

White Joe Ingles - yes

Nick Claxton - signing extension 4yr/$100 mil to stay with Nex

Jose Alvarado - would have liked him included in the Murray trade

Slo Mo - yes MLE

Jordan McLaughlin - don't know enough

Point Diff Delon - yes

Daniel Theis - maybe, will have to look him up

Gary Payton II - always injured

Simone Fontecchio - yes

Isaac Okoro - SnT

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tyus Jones - looking for a starting role with commensurate pay

Bruce Brown - $20 million expiring

DeAnthomy Melton - yes

Goga Bitazde - yes

White Joe Ingles - yes

Nick Claxton - signing extension 4yr/$100 mil to stay with Nex

Jose Alvarado - would have liked him included in the Murray trade

Slo Mo - yes MLE

Jordan McLaughlin - don't know enough

Point Diff Delon - yes

Daniel Theis - maybe, will have to look him up

Gary Payton II - always injured

Simone Fontecchio - yes

Isaac Okoro - SnT

McLaughlin is a 3rd string PG who’s always injured with a 4:1 assist to turn, .551 TS and gives CP3 vibes defending on ball.

Theis also oft injured but a great team-connecting Big who can stretch some and box out a lot.  Probably would still be with the Celtics instead of Kornet if he could stay healthy.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ShayD said:

Not really an overpay when you are being smart

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

My guess is he's the backup.  They have a ton of guys on rookie scale deals (Chet for two more years), which allowed them to overpay for Hartenstein, kind of the same overpay type deal as FVV got for the Rockets.  They'll be in somewhat of a crunch in '26-27 season depending on Williams/Caruso/Chet extensions, but they can likely maneuver around it as the cap will be going up, or they will be able to offload Hartenstein with 1 year left on his deal as an expiring.  I'm surprised they didn't try to structure this as a declining salary deal (maybe they did).

So they avoided the year they would be in a crunch that I outlined above, AND they front loaded the contract as I suggested would be prudent. 

Damnnnnnn ol' JEFFE does understand the cap and how to make strategic decisions 😯😯😲  🙃 makes you really think  🤔 wow! 🙃😏 🤪🤪🤪🤪 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

If I'm a Nugget fan, I'm pissed.  Seems they won it all then decided not to pay anybody.  They better hope Braun and Watson(?) take massive leaps. 

If Jokic misses time, boy they gonna be bad.

Yep I totally agree. They definitely got worse from last season after winning the title the year prior. They’ve got zero depth as it was and now can’t afford to keep one on their starters around. At this point it’s a challenge to field an NBA roster for Denver. Their starting 5 was hands down the best in the league. Inserting whoever into KCP’s spot is a downgrade, but it’s still probably a top 8ish starting unit now. Unless they find gold with an unknown bench piece or two they are in trouble.

• Like 1