• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks need to add DeRozan to this team

TheNorthCydeRises

If we are somehow replacing Hunter and/or Capela with Derozan, I could get on board.  As others have said, he can get a bucket when we need a secondary scorer.

How does the cap work?  It would have to be S&T, correct?  Is Hunter too much to offer? I don’t think they would want Capela.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It would be very nice to see the Hawks and Bulla execute a sign and trade that would bring DeRozan to the Hawks on a 3 yr dear - 60+ million deal, while shipping Hunter out.

It seems that the Bulls would be over the tax in a SnT over $13 million. So says Bulls fans. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

If we are somehow replacing Hunter and/or Capela with Derozan, I could get on board.  As others have said, he can get a bucket when we need a secondary scorer.

How does the cap work?  It would have to be S&T, correct?  Is Hunter too much to offer? I don’t think they would want Capela.  

This is my pipe dream. Moving parts to what the FO is doing is a mixed bag. Trade is ok in a vacuum but unfinished if Capela and/or Hunter is still here.  

12 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Good rant.

They need to do something today or tomorrow... at least finish the damn DJM trade so we know that FO isn't just taking the july 4th holiday week off.

Honestly, the DJM trade was so big for this franchise (that's why I was excited.. it was an actual trade to acquire an all-star) that it showed the franchise FO was willing to make moves to attempt to win more.

Since then, what moves have been made? They had one good attempt and it backfired.. so are they going to stop getting talent that way and just keep dripping talent in via the draft for years to come.

Did you watch this team in the backend of the Nique era? I did. I saw Stan Kasten literally throw his hand up and quit after getting Theus and Malone, only to lose to Milwaukee in the first round of the playoffs despite going 52-30. He found the first guy available without vetting (see Babcock, Peter), gave him the keys to the kingdom, then got in his car and drove to Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium to work with the Braves. All we heard from the both of them afterwards whenever a subject like this brought up was 'salary cap!!!' while the rest of the East somehow didn't follow the same rules, brought in real players instead, and passed the Hawks by like a new Lamborghini would a broken down Ford Probe on the Autobahn.

Laundry wants to talk about Hawks DNA? Being forever satisfied with good (or in this case, mediocre at best) instead of daring to be great has always been a major part of their heritage since leaving Missouri. It's one of the primary reasons why Nique never got the help he so desperately needed to compete with the Celtics, Pistons, and later, the Bulls and Knicks. It's why Steve Smith, Dikembe, and the gang went years without a hole at small forward the size of the US trade deficit. It's why Joe Johnson had all the leverage in the world to demand a max deal while carrying scrubs to the playoffs every year. And it's one of the chief reasons why so many locals here don't have the same confidence in them getting this right as folks do in other places, where their front offices at least try to put on a facade that they want to contend, for better or worse.

If they don't make a move beyond selling off Capela and/or Hunter for picks, you know what it is; we all should by now. It would be their assumption that Trae alone would sellout the building anyway. But if they read up on their history, they would know that would be a very faulty assumption...

• Thanks 1

Agreed, they're not one player away. But as I stated earlier, find a lane and stick with it. Either take the whole thing down and start over or put players (NBA players, that is) around your top guy as every other viable team tends to do. It really isn't that hard...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dejay said:

Agreed, they're not one player away. But as I stated earlier, find a lane and stick with it. Either take the whole thing down and start over or put players (NBA players, that is) around your top guy as every other viable team tends to do. It really isn't that hard...

giphy.gif

• Like 1