• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks need to add DeRozan to this team

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

That maybe so.  

But going into the season as 'let's see what we have in Zacc, Dy, JJ'  - what is the point?  

If the focus is not on winning, then what exactly are we doing?

How do you know they won't help the team win?  Did Derozen help the Bulls win?

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, deester11 said:

And in this year's draft if you think Risacher is the difference between a play-in and the playoffs, I'm not taking stock tips from you!

didn't say that.  Its not all or none like you extremist like to see things.  If Risacher can be an effective 2 guard and Daniel can improve his shooting a little better which he did the latter part of last year then I think that's a better route than signing an expensive declining player

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

didn't say that.  Its not all or none like you extremist like to see things.  If Risacher can be an effective 2 guard and Daniel can improve his shooting a little beit which he did the latter part of last year then I think that's a better route than signing an expensive declining player

If the Hawks roster remains as is, how many wins are you projecting?

didn't say that.  Its not all or none like you extremist like to see things.  If Risacher can be an effective 2 guard and Daniel can improve his shooting a little beit which he did the latter part of last year then I think that's a better route than signing an expensive declining player

No. You're missing the part. I'm in no way saying DD makes us champs. No one has said that as you said.  However banking on this team as constructed NOW to be a team Trae is going to say brings a winner to Atlanta (not just play in or one and done) is foolish. You've got 2 years. Trae is going to want out as is. 

If your vision doesn't push this team to further heights where you THREATEN the leagues best team, you're doing it wrong. I've mentioned the trade of DM. Hooray..one in which we didn't get our arse handed to us, but not nearly enough. Daniels...love the defense, what else you got? Less team Injuries? A healthy team? I see more wins...but Squint and tell me they can threaten the better teams in the NBA. 

That's been my point, whether it's DeRozan or another veteran who can actually play. Is the selling point for prospective ticket holders to watch Trae carry a bunch of young guys and hope they are within hailing range of a play-in spot, especially if/when they eventually unload Hunter and/or Capela?  

While it was perfectly fine for a fanbase in OKC to wait on the young guys and finally get rewarded with a run to the conference semis, to put it in Kendrick Lamar language, they not like us. I can assure you that if the young guys resemble Marvin Williams or (egads) Osh Childress in any way, shape, or form, fans here will quickly move on and out of State Farm Arena. Just ask a Falcons or Braves fan before they started winning again.

I'm not saying to jettison the young guys. But for the love of GOD, they need a veteran or two who can knock down a shot. What they have right now just isn't enough...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

No. You're missing the part. I'm in no way saying DD makes us champs. No one has said that as you said.  However banking on this team as constructed NOW to be a team Trae is going to say brings a winner to Atlanta (not just play in or one and done) is foolish. You've got 2 years. Trae is going to want out as is. 

If your vision doesn't push this team to further heights where you THREATEN the leagues best team, you're doing it wrong. I've mentioned the trade of DM. Hooray..one in which we didn't get our arse handed to us, but not nearly enough. Daniels...love the defense, what else you got? Less team Injuries? A healthy team? I see more wins...but Squint and tell me they can threaten the better teams in the NBA. 

If management has to manage the team based on what Trae wants then they definitely traded the wrong guy

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

so we are using this season as a development season and hope to win some games along the way? Or should we go into the season focus on winning and being in the top 6

What is your plan?

This. We should be focused on getting into the play-offs (not play-in) by sprinkling in vets. Demar has seen everything and won. Our young players should be developed in that kind of situation. That's how you build a winning culture.

I remember our 13-win season.  I see us being better than that right now with no more moves.  And, I've gotta believe, we're not finished dealing.

Much is being said about many of the eastern teams improving, especially the 76ers.  If only the Hawks can stay healthy, I see improvement coming this upcoming season even if those "experts" see nothing.

:smug:

If management has to manage the team based on what Trae wants then they definitely traded the wrong guy

Have you been paying attention? Who's still here? Look at the makeup of the players they are getting. They've chosen.  Trae is definitely factoring in some of this.  Scared money. If you're oblivious to what your star wants, it'll not end well.  (Not that I agree with it). 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

They should want to WIN, need to WIN.

That should be the primary focus and objective every offseason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

All you guys know how to do is attack posters.  Same guys all of the time

In no way shape or form are you being attacked. I am having fun at your expense and not taking myself or you too seriously. You feel the way that you do, and that’s your opinion. Just like a lot of us have stated our opinion that acquiring a player like DD is not a bad thing.

• Premium Member

Thing is, I'm not even a DDR fan 😁......but the team as currently constructed is still 'messy'

Granted, I don't think (and I hope not) that this is the final version.

But the thought of 'going into the season to see what we have in _________, is a non starter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Thing is, I'm not even a DDR fan 😁......but the team as currently constructed is still 'messy'

Granted, I don't think (and I hope not) that this is the final version.

But the thought of 'going into the season to see what we have in _________, is a non starter.

End point. It's what a lot of us are saying. We've seen different versions of the same group with minimal success and some good moments. It's beyond time to not be satisfied with mediocrity.  

• Like 2

Derozen adds experience and IQ.

Derozen adds another shotmaker

Derozen plays the 2/3 which many are asking who is our starting SG right now.

Derozen adds a mid-post presence which is what wins a lot of close games especially come playoffs.

Derozen is a nudge in the direction of winning more games which matters not just for the fanbase, but for our bell-cow star player.

Derozen also costs money that our FO refuses to spend, so, there’s that.

• Like 3