• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks need to add DeRozan to this team

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thing is, I'm not even a DDR fan 😁......but the team as currently constructed is still 'messy'

Granted, I don't think (and I hope not) that this is the final version.

But the thought of 'going into the season to see what we have in _________, is a non starter.

The Falcons tried that with Ridder at QB with no viable back up QB last season and it got the coach fired. The Hawks need more firepower period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Thing is, I'm not even a DDR fan 😁......but the team as currently constructed is still 'messy'

Granted, I don't think (and I hope not) that this is the final version.

But the thought of 'going into the season to see what we have in _________, is a non starter.

My thoughts exactly. While we're waiting on the next shoe to drop in terms of them bringing in more talent to help Trae out, it would be so Hawks DNA of them to simply say...

'We're done for right now, we're going to go into the season with what we have and see how we can develop some of our younger players. Trading (insert Hunter or Capela here) was a temporary blow but you see, there is a luxury tax in the league and...'

• Sad 3

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

so we are using this season as a development season and hope to win some games along the way? Or should we go into the season focus on winning and being in the top 6? 

What is your plan?

Development as a priority over optimizing for next seasons record, but that does not mean I want to go into the season with an incomplete roster.  I want to see more chemistry develop this season on both ends, now that Murray is gone.  And I want to see strong player development

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dejay said:

My thoughts exactly. While we're waiting on the next shoe to drop in terms of them bringing in more talent to help Trae out, it would be so Hawks DNA of them to simply say...

'We're done for right now, we're going to go into the season with what we have and see how we can develop some of our younger players. Trading (insert Hunter or Capela here) was a temporary blow but you see, there is a luxury tax in the league and...'

They said that last offseason after the failed Siakam trade attempt.  'We are happy going into the season as is'. How'd that work out for them.

They sell us on things like 'We have the biggest TPE in NBA history'. I said then it won't amount to a hill of beans if we do nothing with it.

• Like 2

At season's end the Hawks had Capela, OO, and Bruno as our centers.  Some Squawk posters believed this had to change before next season.  So far, nothing has changed.  Atlanta still has the same three.

We've added to and changed a lot so far.  Are we finished now?  

:bb:

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They said that last offseason after the failed Siakam trade attempt.  'We are happy going into the season as is'. How'd that work out for them.

They sell us on things like 'We have the biggest TPE in NBA history'. I said then it won't amount to a hill of beans if we do nothing with it.

The dirty little secret of why this team fails is on the team in plain sight

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Convince me that ownership and FO have done there best over the last 3 years to build up the team

I'll hang up and listen. :beach:

That's the point...Ownership has to have the perfect coach, players and spend a bunch of money while the dirty little secret is on the team just to avoid the play in

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

That's the point...Ownership has to have the perfect coach, players and spend a bunch of money while the dirty little secret is on the team just to avoid the play in

As expected, no substance :blanky:

Go down your own rabbit hole! 

Meanwhile, back on topic for rest of the squawk.

DeRozan: Yes or No?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

As expected, no substance :blanky:

Go down your own rabbit hole! 

Meanwhile, back on topic for rest of the squawk.

DeRozan: Yes or No?

Murray was playing with a bunch of scrubs and had a winning record without the Dirty little secret