• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Hawks need to add DeRozan to this team

16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Dude if you want to compare Trae Young to Desmond Ridder, go right ahead. Enjoy a life of solitude on that hill. Nobody cares or is going to join you on that one.

If you want to pivot (move goalposts) and now say Trae wasn’t the main reason we went to the ECF, go for it. You are so blinded by dislike that you’re losing credibility post by post. Again, your business. I’m just trying to be a friend here.

IMG_6219.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They should want to WIN, need to WIN.

That should be the primary focus and objective every offseason.

There is short term winning vs long term winning.  It’s clear they are putting more emphasis on long term solutions, but will they focus the rest of the off season on bringing in some win now elements to balance the team?

Wish I knew what they are wanting to do.  Hoping they are waiting on the Cavs to sign Mitchell and then trade Allen.  Then follow up that move with a Capela trade.

Edited by Final_quest
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Where are we coming up with the money to afford Derozan?  Before engaging on questions like fit and rotation, I'm just not seeing how this happens but hopefully I'm missing something.  Please assume that any move we make MUST NOT TAKE US INTO A TAX PAYING SITUATION.  I thought about also bolding, underlining and using size 28 font for that part but Squawkers are a discerning group.  All caps should be plenty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Where are we coming up with the money to afford Derozan?  Before engaging on questions like fit and rotation, I'm just not seeing how this happens but hopefully I'm missing something.  Please assume that any move we make MUST NOT TAKE US INTO A TAX PAYING SITUATION.  I thought about also bolding, underlining and using size 28 font for that part but Squawkers are a discerning group.  All caps should be plenty.

They don't believe you!!!

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

It was a SnT using Hunter

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

In fairness, they may be assuming we salary dump someone to open up money.  I'm just not sure where that opens up enough money.  Giving us access to the MLE doesn't seem like enough for someone like Derozan and doing that at the cost of not getting back legit value for Capela or Hunter is rough.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It was a SnT using Hunter

Yeah, that is basically a salary dump combined with a FA signing.  I suppose looked at another way basically a trade of Hunter for DD.  In that case it is basically a question of whether you run Bogi / Daniels / Risacher at SG and DD / Risacher at SF versus Bogi / Daniels at SG and Hunter / Risacher at SF knowing.  Obviously Derozan doesn't present the size issues that were a huge part of DJM's failure here but I don't necessarily love a midrange shooting, defensively mediocre wing as the target.  Clearly he would be a big boost to scoring but I'm not sure I can see him delivering on Quin's "move the ball for a 3 or a shot at the rim" design. 

If I were in the front office, I would want Quin in front of me talking through how he sees this playing out.  DD is very much a known quantity.  Should not be any surprises what you get by adding him.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

There’s no such thing as a perfect player. We could do this song and dance with every player on our roster.

Who are we to continuously turn our nose up at star talent when we haven’t even sniffed a championship before?

Im not singling anyone out, I just get exhausted with a fanbase that always complains about any and everything and nitpicks any suggestion to add talent.

All I know is, Derozen continuously busts our ass whenever we face him. Would be nice to have a tough shot maker with size to alleviate the shot creation burden that will solely rest upon Trae next season.

Derozan getting hawks close to a championship is funny. People need to stop looking at the stat line….dudes won one playoff game in Chicago in 3 years. Zero playoff appearances in 3 seasons in SA before that. Hes an iso mid range  chucker who doesn’t play good defense which is hawks biggest weakness. Also he’s plays the same position as the hawks #1 pick. Not looking for the perfect player but 35 yr old soon to be declining DD is just a terrible terrible fit. Much worse fit than Murray. Also how much money are they paying him? No thanks yuck!

Edited by GThawks3
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Derozan getting hawks close to a championship is funny. People need to stop looking at the stat line….dudes won one playoff game in Chicago in 3 years. Zero playoff appearances in 3 seasons in SA before that. Hes an iso mid range  chucker who doesn’t play good defense which is hawks biggest weakness. Also he’s plays the same position as the hawks #1 pick. Not looking for the perfect player but 35 yr old soon to be declining DD is just a terrible terrible fit. Much worse fit than Murray. Also how much money are they paying him? No thanks yuck!

I thought I was the only crazy on this board

• Like 1

We dont own our own pick for like what the next 3 years? The only route we have is to be competitive. Literally nothing to gain by tanking except developing losing habits for the young guys. I wouldnt mind DeRozan.

Edited by Marvin24Williams
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Real Funny - since no one said that.

Except it was literally implied we haven’t sniffed a championship because we don’t take star talent like Derozan. Derozan isn’t turning any team into a contender. Hawks need big wings that play good defense like Daniels next to Trae.

Edited by GThawks3

• Premium Member
Just now, GThawks3 said:

Except it was literally implied we haven’t sniffed a championship because we don’t take star talent like Derozan. Derozan isn’t turning any team into a contender. 

No that's what you inferred.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

• Moderators

I'm not sold on DD but it's better than doing nothing.  He's damn good and way better/different than DJ.  Derozan gets to the line.  He puts pressure on the d.  He's a much stronger offensive player.  

He's also 35 and not a reliable defender.  If we were getting him cheap I'd be all for it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

We don't know that's its even viable but it's a thought and a good one. We know the Hawks won't spend but it's not a bad idea. And because you and @GThawks3 keep insinuating everyone except you two claims he's a missing piece of a championship doesn't make it true. 

Edited by deester11
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, deester11 said:

We don't know that's its even viable but it's a thought and a good one. We know the Hawks won't spend but it's not a bad idea. And because you and @GThawks3 keep insinuating everyone except you two claims he's a missing piece of a championship doesn't make it true. 

Sigh I explained why he isn’t a good fit and it has nothing to do with championships. Hawks have what 4 straight top 10 offenses with Trae yet 3 straight bottom 10 defenses. Murray is a better fit than Derozan and this teams win total decreased after the Murray trade.

Please explain how a player who needs the ball in hands to be effective while being a negative on defense helps especially a team that had a bottom 3 defense with Trae and Murray last yr (ranked 29th in defensive efficiency at the time of Trae’s injury). I think hawks need plus defenders around Trae to take a leap. 

Edited by GThawks3

3 hours ago, GThawks3 said:

What did Aaron Gordon do in Orlando, compared to what he has done in Denver?

• Thanks 1