• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Thank you DJ!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Sucks to lose that guy.  Love his fire, energy and clutch shotmaking.  DJ is a winning player to me, he's just a PG and it didn't work with our roster.  I wish him all the success in NO.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Had some iconic moments.  Brought a friend to her first Hawks game and DJ hit a game winner in overtime against Boston.  Also loved his high usage games when Trae went out last year-- he left it all on the court.  I will be cheering for him in New Orleans, hope they can make it work out there and he finds more success.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I hate that we couldn't make this work.  I'm always going to root for DJ when I see him.

I believe he will do well with the Pelicans.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Had to break up Trae and DJM but that isn’t either of their faults.  They are both on the ball point guards who can’t defend 2’s.  You can’t have two of them on the floor together for very long and be effective.  Just like trying to pair Rudy Gobert and Dikembe Mutombo.  Both great players but you are going to be better with only one of them on the floor at a time.

Best wishes to DJM as he moves on.  He did a nice job adding a 3 to his arsenal here and competed every night.  Hit some memorable game winners.  If NO is able to ditch Ingram, I think he will fit in very nicely there.  With a bunch of 20 something’s as their core, NO has a bright future ahead if Zion can be healthy and engaged and Murray should be a big part of it.

I’m glad Murray got the trade kicker even if paid by the Hawks because he could have become an UFA and gotten a bigger deal.  Him signing that extension to allow us to trade him was big for this team.  

Thank you for the years in Atlanta and best of us luck to you going forward, Mr. Murray!

• Like 2