• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

When does Landry’s hot 🥵 seat 💺 start?

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

JJ's caphold next year is $13.6 mil. if we don't sign him to an early extension this offseason.

If we early extend him, his caphold would be higher. IIRC his caphold would be his QO salary, $6 mil + his new extension, assume $30 mil ÷ 2 which would be $18 mil.  

This is only used to determine how much capspace we'd have, if any.

Yeah we could do what philly did with maxeys extension (wait) so the cap hold is lower and we have room to sign FAs.  Have to clear a lot of salary to do so though 

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

JJ's caphold next year is $13.6 mil. if we don't sign him to an early extension this offseason.

If we early extend him, his caphold would be higher. IIRC his caphold would be his QO salary, $6 mil + his new extension, assume $30 mil ÷ 2 which would be $18 mil.  

This is only used to determine how much capspace we'd have, if any.

That is why I said assuming we don't resign JJ in the meantime because his salary will be larger than his caphold even if we get a great deal.  My larger point is that we aren't going to add significant players through cap space next year so as long as we are staying under the tax I think that should be safe for an assumed budget that Fields could work with.  It makes dealing Hunter not a burning priority for me from that perspective because there is no big upside to that.  It isn't like we ditch Hunter and then add prime LeBron as a FA or something.  The money we would free up for next year might not be enough to sign a player as good as Hunter from among the players who would be willing to sign in Atlanta.

• Like 1