• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Update on my son

KB21

He’s still intubated in the PICU.  They had planned on getting him ready to extubate in the next 48-72 hours, but he spiked a fever.  CRP and pro calcitonin are elevated.  CT shows some fluid in the abdomen that could be forming an abscess.  The concern is that there may be a leak at the anastomosis.  Waiting on the plan from surgery now.  They may have to go back in, wash out the fluid, and give him a temporary or possibly permanent ostomy.  

• Sad 24

• Premium Member

Praying, KB. Do you mind sharing a first name? It just feels a little more personal that way, but if that's too much, and it might be, I'll just make up an alias. And how old?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

He’s still intubated in the PICU.  They had planned on getting him ready to extubate in the next 48-72 hours, but he spiked a fever.  CRP and pro calcitonin are elevated.  CT shows some fluid in the abdomen that could be forming an abscess.  The concern is that there may be a leak at the anastomosis.  Waiting on the plan from surgery now.  They may have to go back in, wash out the fluid, and give him a temporary or possibly permanent ostomy.  

Hang in there, dad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Man, you have my prayers for his healing and restoration as well as your whole family and strength as a Dad. I have 4 kids and can't imagine. Very sorry but trusting with you right now. 

• Like 2

Prayers for KB21, your son and your entire family.  Thanks for the update.  Please keep us informed.  We care!

🥰

• Like 2