• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Keaton Wallace! Two-way contract

NBASupes

• Moderators

You know what I think of SL, but from what I saw of him he seems less like a playmaking PG and more like a score first combo guard who can dribble and pass some.  Did anyone see his style of play differently? 

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

You know what I think of SL, but from what I saw of him he seems less like a playmaking PG and more like a score first combo guard who can dribble and pass some.  Did anyone see his style of play differently? 

He's an excellent defender as well. Probably his best traits. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I see Wallace as a better defending Reed Sheppard. 😇

:stirthepot:

• Haha 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's an excellent defender as well. Probably his best traits. 

No argument.  Was talking about offensively because I think that is the bigger hole behind Trae.  I view Wallace and Kobe as similar archetypes as combo guards who can defend.  Was really hoping to see whether Kobe would be more of a playmaker than Wallace showed in SL (granting that SL is SL and not a great format to really assess players).

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

No argument.  Was talking about offensively because I think that is the bigger hole behind Trae.  I view Wallace and Kobe as similar archetypes as combo guards who can defend.  Was really hoping to see whether Kobe would be more of a playmaker than Wallace showed in SL (granting that SL is SL and not a great format to really assess players).

Some teams and players take SL very seriously (like the Grizz,  Kevin Knox who’s still trying to make a way, or Jacquez and Podziemski who had no business playing).  If you don’t and like to discount great and awful showings alike that’s fine.  I just don’t subscribe to dismissing other peoples opinions if they do see enough to form first impressions and evaluations of what a player may bring to the table when real games start.

Obviously it isn’t an end all nor very important tool.  But I’m a basketball nerd and most of the guys are playing hard so I appreciate the hell out of how far it’s come in 20 years.  I knew Oladipo and Olynyk were gonna be solid players based off SL.  Edy Tavares I whiffed on 😆Anyone with two eyes can see Sheppard and Ware are gonna be as well.  I won’t even pile on Sarr and Bronny, I’ll give them ample time to develop just like ZR.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Trae disagrees with you.  By default you have to ride with his assessment.

Oh, is Wallace also signed with Trae's agent? 

😉

The second part of your post is nonsensical. 

Eta.  Oh and, based on how most of his rookie year went, Jacquez absolutely needed to be at SL.  He was AJ Griffin-esque most of that 2nd half.  And you can't disagree.  By default, you have to ride with Schpo's assessment. 

:stirthepot: 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh, is Wallace also signed with Trae's agent? 

😉

The second part of your post is nonsensical. 

You forgot him posting his love for Sheppard before he even acknowledged Zac?  Trae isn’t all powerful and all-knowing in your eyes?  Newsflash for me, my bad.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Trae isn’t all powerful and all-knowing in your eyes?  Newsflash for me, my bad.

*gasp* 

Tell me you don't actually read my posts without tellin' me you don't actually read my posts. 

Don't know if I can recover from the devastation. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Some teams and players take SL very seriously (like the Grizz,  Kevin Knox who’s still trying to make a way, or Jacquez and Podziemski who had no business playing).  If you don’t and like to discount great and awful showings alike that’s fine.  I just don’t subscribe to dismissing other peoples opinions if they do see enough to form first impressions and evaluations of what a player may bring to the table when real games start.

I view the player's experience in college or pro ball as being a MUCH better basis for evaluating and setting expectations for a player than summer league performance.

I want to get excited about him because all his brother did last season was press the ball, spam corner threes, and keep his mistakes to a bare minimum.  I think the similarities stop at appearance.  A .130 WS/40 and a +2 net rating over UTSA in his last season isn’t notable.  Cason was .150 and +3 above a blue blood program.

• Like 1