• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can Risacher become Pippen ish

Spud2nique

Can Risacher become Pippen ish  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/27/2024 at 05:08 AM

Or am I dreaming 😴? Roughly the same size and build coming out of central Arkansas. Defensive minded but Risacher already a better shooter.

But the defense and to be a Robin to 🦇 Traeman?

If you remember Pippen was also herky jerky initially but became smoother as time went on. Pippen stuffed people down on D though. 

Thoughts?

Is he more Klay ish?

• Moderators

I’m rooting for it but my no vote speaks more to how highly I regard Pippen than me being down on Risacher.  

Whem Jordan went out, Pippen led the Bulls to 58 wins and put up 22 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals and 0.8 blocks per game.  That produced 11.2 Win Shares, a 7.7 BPM, and a 6.8 VORP.  He did that while being the best wing defender in the league.  Only a handful of guys can claim to be better than that from the wing in their careers.

I’m not going to measure him against that standard because he can fall well short of it and still be the best player in this class by a large margin.  But if he can equal or surpass Pippen that would be amazing especially considering that I think Pippen is a much better 3pt shooter and a bigger impact player if he comes up in this era than when he played.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think Risacher has the athletic traits that would enable him to reach Pippen's level, particularly as a defender.  I also don't think he could have the playmaking impact of Pippen due to the more heliocentric nature of the Hawks offense as currently constructed around Trae's scoring and passing.

The above does not mean he can't become a really good player, but Pippen is an all time great and outside of Wemby there has not been a guy drafted #1 in the past decade where that high end outcome is expected.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

But you wanted Kyme on the Hawks. People don’t forget.

Based solely on my confidence in @AHF's player evaluation skills, I will hereby now refer to ZR as Scottie Risacher.

🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thought JJ was the Pippen-esque model 🤓

Apparent I’m just seeing Pippen I’ll admit that’s ✌️ Pipps! Burd… :mellow: don’t you hit me with them..:rtfm:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

He got a long ways to go to get them Pippish Moves...

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952hwkhmcfl8cjq9x6yq1n

I believe that was from the Soul Train episode that featured 'On and On' from the soundtrack to the film Claudine. Awesome episode. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Whem Jordan went out, Pippen led the Bulls to 58 wins and put up 22 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals and 0.8 blocks per game.  That produced 11.2 Win Shares, a 7.7 BPM, and a 6.8 VORP.  He did that while being the best wing defender in the league.  Only a handful of guys can claim to be better than that from the wing in their careers.

Jesus Christ. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah Pippen but bigger.

So, to recap, now we have Scottie Risacher and Big Pippen.

No autographs, please.

🫥

We have Trapippen. 3X. Trae( tiny Pipp)Rza (medium Pipp) Jalen (the bigga figga Pipp)

And @kg01said gimme Pippen Jr. (the real rugrat).. that’s four folks.

The Atlanta Pippen’s (no Larsa please 🙏🏿) 🏃‍♀️ 

and they all got 💈 like dis:afro: 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, warcore said:

Jesus Christ. 

Yeah, prime Pippen was no joke. Nique and Grant Hill (when healthy) were probably the only small forwards that were better than him at that time. Pippen was much better than both of them on defense though. He could guard 1-4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1