• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can Risacher become Pippen ish

Spud2nique

Can Risacher become Pippen ish  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/27/2024 at 05:08 AM

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Yeah, prime Pippen was no joke. Nique and Grant Hill (when healthy) were probably the only small forwards that were better than him at that time. Pippen was much better than both of them on defense though. He could guard 1-4.

I think Pippen was significantly better than Hill.  Nique vs Pippen is more interesting and more of a fit issue.  Prime Nique was obviously the better scorer.  Pippen better at everything else.

2 hours ago, warcore said:

Jesus Christ. 

He averaged 2.9 steals the next season too (was top 20 in steals in 10 different seasons - 10x All-NBA Defender as well).  And he did it without gambling like most steal leaders do.  Rock solid positionally, very smart, and so disruptive with his length, quickness, and anticipation.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think Pippen was significantly better than Hill. 

Ya I was gonna say something earlier but I got bacon 🥓 so… I forgot but ya Pipp>Hill always.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Pippen was a freak athlete, Risacher is a well below average athlete in NBA terms. I really can't think of a substandard athlete long wing that became a lockdown defender, so not sure what the comp would be if he became that. A better Josh Childress?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

One of the various videos out there showed a guy comparing Dyson Daniels to Scottie Barnes since we are talking about Scotties.

image.gif.8223570be2449a12c51de1f3f401b978.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Pippen was a freak athlete, Risacher is a well below average athlete in NBA terms. I really can't think of a substandard athlete long wing that became a lockdown defender, so not sure what the comp would be if he became that. A better Josh Childress?

I can’t help but think of Jared Jeffries when I see Risacher. 

7 hours ago, hawkman said:

Yeah, prime Pippen was no joke. Nique and Grant Hill (when healthy) were probably the only small forwards that were better than him at that time. Pippen was much better than both of them on defense though. He could guard 1-4.

I saw Dominique's defense BEFORE he was asked to be a primary scorer by the Hawks (Fratello).  Nique was a monster on defense and could've been a huge shot blocker but they steered him away from that and wanted him to focus on the offense and carry the team from that aspect and let Dan Roundfield and Tree Rollins be the primary defenders.  Back in them days they didn't put as much focus on point of attack defense because guards were shut down in the lane by the big boys.  I say this to say that Nique's defense was always highly underrated and undervalued.

Edited by Hawkmoor

32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Change your avatar he’s gettin dealt! :indifferent:

Who is Kyme? You said I want Kyme on the Hawks and I have no idea of who the heck you are talking about.  Then you said change my avator because he is getting dealt soon?  Who?  Deandre?  I see no talk about that.

Edited by Hawkmoor

I think he’s closer to a Michael Porter Jr. than Pippen. He’s not any where near the defender or on-ball creator that Pippen was. 

Baby steps.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AHF said:

I think Pippen was significantly better than Hill.  Nique vs Pippen is more interesting and more of a fit issue.  Prime Nique was obviously the better scorer.  Pippen better at everything else.

He averaged 2.9 steals the next season too (was top 20 in steals in 10 different seasons - 10x All-NBA Defender as well).  And he did it without gambling like most steal leaders do.  Rock solid positionally, very smart, and so disruptive with his length, quickness, and anticipation.  

Ummmm y’all are speaking down on Grant a lil to cavalierly here for me. Grant is better offensively…all around. Scoring, passing, creating etc. Defensively yes Pip is better but young healthy Grant was GREAT defensively. I’m absolutely taking him over Pippen and I’m not thinking twice about it 

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You should read some posts.

Who is Kyme?  Why do you keep ignoring that? You said I wanted Kyme and I don't know who the heck Kyme is?   The only players I have mentioned are Ingram, Kyrie at one point, DeRozan at one point.  What is wrong with you?  I posted a joke gif about the "Pips" and you have been blasting me ever since with these posts without explaining yourself.  What did I do to you?   Why are you THAT upset?  I've had folks on here call me liar, call me names, call me stupid, blatant stuff and I just roll with it and I post a joke about the "Pips", not really directed at you and you have been on a rampage against me?  What have i done to you?  A lot of folks, including yourself, routinely post gifs in fun but suddenly you are on a rampage against me.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Who is Kyme?  Why do you keep ignoring that? You said I wanted Kyme and I don't know who the heck Kyme is?   The only players I have mentioned are Ingram, Kyrie at one point, DeRozan at one point.  What is wrong with you?  I posted a joke gif about the "Pips" and you have been blasting me ever since with these posts without explaining yourself.  What did I do to you?   Why are you THAT upset?  I've had folks on here call me liar, call me names, call me stupid, blatant stuff and I just roll with it and I post a joke about the "Pips", not really directed at you and you have been on a rampage against me?  What have i done to you?  A lot of folks, including yourself, routinely post gifs in fun but suddenly you are on a rampage against me.

Your crime is not hating Hunter

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Kyme is a well know nickname for Kyrie Irving.  It is used to describe him as caring more about himself than the team.

On Pippen, I will take him over Grant Hill for sure.  Hill was a numbers guy on bad teams.  Did he even win a playoff series in his entire career before he was a bit player in Phoenix?  If memory serves, I don’t think he did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Your crime is not hating Hunter

Really?  I'm suppose to hate Hunter?  I HAVE stated over and over that he has been scapegoated and made a punching bag for everything that is wrong with the Hawks.  I get the picture now.

tumblr_mhqc9iSDIg1qed7g8o2_400.gif