• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Vegas Expected Win Total for Hawks at 35.5

benhillboy

Sounds about right if injury impact is around league average, which it was last season quiet as kept: https://www.bball-index.com/nba-injuries/

Be aware that the average draft slot for the 10 man rotation is 13.6.  A team made up of lottery picks headed to the lottery!  Sh*t is fascinating actually, especially for a team with a full 5 man second unit who should be quite impressive defensively.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Sounds about right if injury impact is around league average, which it was last season quiet as kept: https://www.bball-index.com/nba-injuries/

Be aware that the average draft slot for the 10 man rotation is 13.6.  A team made up of lottery picks headed to the lottery!  Sh*t is fascinating actually, especially for a team with a full 5 man second unit who should be quite impressive defensively.

Over

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I think we win more than this if we don't salary dump Hunter.  We have good wing depth right now, and will be bringing 2 of Bogi/Hunter/ZR/DD off the bench.  That is pretty ridiculous.  Even with an injury we will be OK at this point.

If we trade Hunter for a lesser player and then have an injury, we are going to be deep into the rotation again and likely go on a big losing streak.  Depth is so important for regular season success.

• Like 2

I do think the Hawks are in for a rough year but my hope is the young guys play a lot and that the development that happens this year leads the team back above .500 the following season. 

To me the only scenario where the Hawks record improves dramatically this season is if JJ takes a star turn. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AtLaS said:

I think we win more than this if we don't salary dump Hunter.  We have good wing depth right now, and will be bringing 2 of Bogi/Hunter/ZR/DD off the bench.  That is pretty ridiculous.  Even with an injury we will be OK at this point.

If we trade Hunter for a lesser player and then have an injury, we are going to be deep into the rotation again and likely go on a big losing streak.  Depth is so important for regular season success.

The current depth chart has Bogi and Zac starting.  Everyone in the NBA knows a Trae and Bogi defensive backcourt with an obviously physically weak rookie trying to bolster them isn’t ideal to put it mildly.

14 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hillbilly it’s too soon for this give it another month or two.

You expecting something notable to happen to this roster before camp? It ain’t.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, he shld only post on Smarch 32nd. 

I wouldnt worry about my posts if I were you.  You need to figure out all the different ways you’re gonna dodge your BIL after Ke’Lel Ware beasts on the Hawks like Jacquez did last season.

• Haha 2

I think is still early for predictions, roster is not done, I expect Capela to be traded and the questionmark is what we get back.

As roster is today we really need a backup PG, wing depth is ok assuming Risacher is able to contribute and C rotation is not a good fit for the team, Capela game do not fit this team and OO needs to prove he is a capable starter.

There are some players that are also injury prone, Daniels, Nance, Hunter, OO, Bogi and their impact on the roster is going to be high, also if we lose Trae or Bogi for an extended period we are toast.

I think if we are able to avoid significant injuries on the key players, Trae, Bogi, JJ, Daniels (our most capable defender), Hunter, OO we might achieve 42-44 wins. But to be able to do that we need a capable backup PG and a big stretch 5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I wouldnt worry about my posts if I were you.  You need to figure out all the different ways you’re gonna dodge your BIL after Ke’Lel Ware beasts on the Hawks like Jacquez did last season.

Ah, I'll just wait for him to sizzle and fade like Jacquez did last season.

😃

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, benhillboy said:

WAY over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As always, how many wins this season's Hawk has will depend, in a large part, on the health of the players.

If they stay healthy, we win a lot.  If not, we will not.  (See our Summer League team)

:smug:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I think is still early for predictions, roster is not done, I expect Capela to be traded and the questionmark is what we get back.

As roster is today we really need a backup PG, wing depth is ok assuming Risacher is able to contribute and C rotation is not a good fit for the team, Capela game do not fit this team and OO needs to prove he is a capable starter.

There are some players that are also injury prone, Daniels, Nance, Hunter, OO, Bogi and their impact on the roster is going to be high, also if we lose Trae or Bogi for an extended period we are toast.

I think if we are able to avoid significant injuries on the key players, Trae, Bogi, JJ, Daniels (our most capable defender), Hunter, OO we might achieve 42-44 wins. But to be able to do that we need a capable backup PG and a big stretch 5.

I take it you don’t like Bufkin as the BU, because that’s where he’s slotted.  I definitely wouldn’t have taken him with the 15th pick but the Hawks did and have to see what they got.

I think Clint is here on opening night.  The pool of contending teams willing to pay him to be a BU is slim.  The Knicks called, Hawks denied, the end.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

WAY over. 

I admire your optimism, just don’t share it.  You think Trae is gonna continue the much improved defensive effort we saw last year or revert back?  That is definately a possibility.  No one salivates over Dyson’s defensive box like I do nor discounted DJ’s impact more than I did but replacing his raw production will be no easy task.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ah, I'll just wait for him to sizzle and fade like Jacquez did last season.

😃

He didn’t fade it was Spo taking the ball out his hands for Terry f&@kin Rozier who I loathe.  Ware is gonna get all the minutes he earns, Bam will see to it so he can stay at the 4.