• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Paris Olympics 2024

JayBirdHawk

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like the event that they 🧹 the 🏒 puck around like they cleaning 🧼 the floor spotless! :frantics:

Curling.  I watch that whenever I see it's on.  That's the winter games tho.  

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

*gasp*

Just as I thought.  AH has no soul, ladies and gentlemen.  And I'm not talkin' about his dance rhythm.  

All true.  As is the lack of dance rhythm.

• Haha 3

Ngl tho, it warms my cold ded heart to see the complaints people have about USAB.

Folks mad because they're not playing defense.  Despite the alleged push to add role players that supposedly specialize in dEfEnSe. 

Also mad because they lack playmaking and 3pt shooting.

Ah well, yall dug yer own grave.  Lie in it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Ngl tho, it warms my cold ded heart to see the complaints people have about USAB.

Folks mad because they're not playing defense.  Despite the alleged push to add role players that supposedly specialize in dEfEnSe. 

It is what USA basketball gets for hiring someone to make roster decisions who has zero GM experience and crapped his pants last time around.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I seem to know a player who can shoot from pretty far out at a good percentage and had the most points and assists in a season for the first time in like 50 years recently.  I wonder if he should have been on the team?

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 2:37 PM, AHF said:

Just watched it and he looked like he was probably ok.  Wasn't impaled on it or anything.  But crazy for sure.

On 7/23/2024 at 3:30 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The judge, Engelbert Perchthaler, was seriously injured, in a daze he pulled the javelin from his stomach in the stadium, causing intense bleeding. Luckily a doctor had just competed in a 1000m race and ran over to begin administering first aid. The guy was then airlifted to a nearby hospital and saved there. But it was close.

I’m glad @AHF is a lawyer and not a doctor (and I’m guessing probably not an injury lawyer). 

• Haha 2

On 7/23/2024 at 1:38 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Opening Ceremony kicks off Friday night.

We get to see Bogi (Serbia), Dyson (Australia) and Bruno (Angola) participate for their respective countries. 

Screenshot_20240723_133711_Samsung Internet.jpg

What other sports do you watch?

I’ll try to watch basketball, soccer, and skateboarding, though all of them seem weird to me being in the Olympics. I’ll watch whatever I catch when it’s on tv live though. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I’m glad @AHF is a lawyer and not a doctor (and I’m guessing probably not an injury lawyer). 

In my defense he was definitely not impaled and he did survive so…

(Glad it was a doctor nearby rather than an attorney!)

Also, maybe I just represent the IOC.  😉  “It’s just a flesh wound.  Get back in there!  Your shift doesn’t end for 2 more hours.”

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Ok so I'll admit to knowing nothing about Olympic basketball.  Why aren't teams like Slovenia and Angola there but South Sudan is?  

Anyway, we have Dyson and Bogi competing and i think that's it for Hawks right?

As for ex-Hawks I have Patty Mills and Dennis Schröder

and.....

Spoiler

Jock Landale

landale_1dodmocx2aodm1a00nh9cnooc6.jpg?w

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Ok so I'll admit to knowing nothing about Olympic basketball.  Why aren't teams like Slovenia and Angola there but South Sudan is?  

Anyway, we have Dyson and Bogi competing and i think that's it for Hawks right?

As for ex-Hawks I have Patty Mills and Dennis Schröder

and.....

Hide contents

Jock Landale

landale_1dodmocx2aodm1a00nh9cnooc6.jpg?w

They have pre-qualifying games to make it to the Olympics. Win and you're in. Lose and you're not.

(For some reason I thought Angola was in)

• Thanks 1