Trampoline

Triathlon

Volleyball

Water Polo

Weightlifting

Wrestling

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I like all the head to head stuff-- I enjoy the middle distance track and field events (1500, 5k, 10k) because they feel like actual races with some level of strategy, even if basic.  I like the swimming finals for that reason and obviously basketball too.  

Diving and gymnastics and some of the field events are interesting too from a "wow cant believe humans are doing this shit" perspective

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I like all the head to head stuff-- I enjoy the middle distance track and field events (1500, 5k, 10k) because they feel like actual races with some level of strategy, even if basic.  I like the swimming finals for that reason and obviously basketball too.  

Diving and gymnastics and some of the field events are interesting too from a "wow cant believe humans are doing this shit" perspective

Sprint races have this same appeal.

Sure it's "just" running but we're pushing the limits of human capability in that regard. 

55 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Take a flyer on Frank Ntilikina on a min? Playing well for France right now and he looks like he can hit an open 3

Over who tho?  I'm not down on the idea, just wondering. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sprint races have this same appeal.

Sure it's "just" running but we're pushing the limits of human capability in that regard. 

The sprints are different because the strategy is the same in all of them— sprint.  There are mini mind games with pacing in the middle distance races.  Sometimes teams will even have guys run out ahead and set a pace that no one can keep and force interesting psychological games.  The sprints are the same every time and theres really no head to head dynamic happening

31 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The sprints are different because the strategy is the same in all of them— sprint.  There are mini mind games with pacing in the middle distance races.  Sometimes teams will even have guys run out ahead and set a pace that no one can keep and force interesting psychological games.  The sprints are the same every time and theres really no head to head dynamic happening

eye-roll-ugh-no-ew-gif-63236921224898395

You're so high-brow, jeffe.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Its the most exciting 10 seconds in all of sports. And we usually don’t pay close attention outside of the Olympics, which makes the stakes feel that much more grand. 

This^.

I keep up with World Championship and the College series. 

It's a no error race. Precision, form, power, focus, accuracy, technique, timing and plain ole speed. There is no forgiveness.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

eye-roll-ugh-no-ew-gif-63236921224898395

You're so high-brow, jeffe.

I am, it’s insufferable at times 🙂 i also love dive bars.  Im complex kg, stop tryin to box me!! Also, you just used my favorite gif against me 😠 …i love kristen ritter

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Its the most exciting 10 seconds in all of sports. And we usually don’t pay close attention outside of the Olympics, which makes the stakes feel that much more grand. 

Yeah, just explaining my preferences, I understand ppl love the 100.  But if KG will allow me to be high brow again, the 200 is a much better measurement of fastest man in the world.  The 100 is a lot of reaction time and acceleration.

Anyways, I enjoy the theatrics of the sprinters at times— loved Michael Johnson back when we hosted.  And his gold shoes