• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Paris Olympics 2024

JayBirdHawk

It’ll be interesting who they get to replace the “Big Dogs” in King, Chef, and KD for LA ‘28.(I can’t call him Cupcake in international play he’s sensational).  Embiid and AD will be 35, I’m not expecting either back with their injury histories.  Jrue will be 38 and not likely to still be the NBA equivalent of a shutdown corner.

Book will be prime age to help lead the team with Bam and Ant. Tatum and Hali will definitely be in tow having had the experience.  All the coaches love White who’s a better defender than any new guards they could select between Bane, Ja, Don Mitchell, and Maxey.  Ball pressure is clearly a focus and the main difference between the US and the world right now, the depth will definitely take a dive missing the elder statesman.

Banchero, Jarrett Allen, Chet, Jalen Williams, and Lively will all get strong consideration, as they should.  I expect Flagg, Sheppard, Jaquez, Podziemski, Ware, and Clingan to make up the bulk of the Select Squad.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Suggs should also get a good look.  Scottie Barnes and Brandon Miller a little less so due to team struggles. Hopefully more defensive experience can throw Jalen Johnson’s name into the hat.

Edited by benhillboy

8 hours ago, benhillboy said:

It’ll be interesting who they get to replace the “Big Dogs” in King, Chef, and KD for LA ‘28.(I can’t call him Cupcake in international play he’s sensational).  Embiid and AD will be 35, I’m not expecting either back with their injury histories.  Jrue will be 38 and not likely to still be the NBA equivalent of a shutdown corner.

Book will be prime age to help lead the team with Bam and Ant. Tatum and Hali will definitely be in tow having had the experience.  All the coaches love White who’s a better defender than any new guards they could select between Bane, Ja, Don Mitchell, and Maxey.  Ball pressure is clearly a focus and the main difference between the US and the world right now, the depth will definitely take a dive missing the elder statesman.

Banchero, Jarrett Allen, Chet, Jalen Williams, and Lively will all get strong consideration, as they should.  I expect Flagg, Sheppard, Jaquez, Podziemski, Ware, and Clingan to make up the bulk of the Select Squad.

Watching Tatum struggle as a rhythm shooter, Trae will probably never play for Team USA

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Watching Tatum struggle as a rhythm shooter, Trae will probably never play for Team USA

In 4 years Tatum will be 30.5 and in peak mind + body form, I expect even  more polish.  There just weren’t many minutes for him in 40 minute contests with KD and Bron to get into rhythm. The next team definitely needs his team defensive approach and rebounding.  He’ll just have to tell his mama to pipe down about rotation decisions she knows nothing about.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

It's like people are projecting 4 years onto all the US guys but not on jokic, Bogi, Dennis, and all the other international guys.

More about the farm system coming.. 

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

More about the farm system coming.. 

We've heard that about Spain, Australia, and France the last 3 Olympics.  I'll believe it when I see it.  I know France has a couple dudes but it's about depth of talent.  Even when the US is down, no one can match the depth.

And, even if a country has numbers, I still gotta see them put it together.  If it was 'just' numbers, Canadia wouldn't continuously struggle.  Them syrup-swiggin' hosers can't even contend for bronze.  They out back fightin' Slovenia (shots fired) for that tin medal.

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You prolly got your 5th of Yuly flag still up too. :huh: :patriotind:

Naw, we're in the basement planning your birthday party on Smarch 32nd. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It's like people are projecting 4 years onto all the US guys but not on jokic, Bogi, Dennis, and all the other international guys.

Things will be different in '28 but they ain't likely to change much. 

This. Include Batum, Fournier and De Colo and even Gobert from France... plus They already struggle with guard play. 

Patty from Australia, Spain has struggled post Gasol brothers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

We've heard that about Spain, Australia, and France the last 3 Olympics.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Actually good point. Fran Vazquez was the turning point :batman:

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why I oughta.... nyuk, nyuk, nyuk...

Me laughing 😐

🤣 it’s funny I don’t know you but I envisioned it 🤣 I’m dying 🤣 . Always an underrated reaction that blankness of one Antawn Jamison in the 98 draft 😆 

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Epic end to the Women's Marathon.  👏 👏 👏

I thoroughly enjoyed these Olympics!!!

What were your events Burd? In your career? 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, kg01 said:

We've heard that about Spain, Australia, and France the last 3 Olympics.  I'll believe it when I see it.  I know France has a couple dudes but it's about depth of talent.  Even when the US is down, no one can match the depth.

And, even if a country has numbers, I still gotta see them put it together.  If it was 'just' numbers, Canadia wouldn't continuously struggle.  Them syrup-swiggin' hosers can't even contend for bronze.  They out back fightin' Slovenia (shots fired) for that tin medal.

Naw, we're in the basement planning your birthday party on Smarch 32nd. 

France had 2 top 10 picks last year including Wemby.  they had 3 top 10 picks this year including #1 and #2.  Next year they are projected to have another top 5 pick.  8 years from now France might have plenty of depth of talent.

15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

And if he doesn't, they'll lose in 2028.

He's the best playmaker on the American side and that team will need playmakers who can score, to lead the offense.

LeBron was the cheat code, because he was the PG for this Olympic team. 

Who is the floor leader in 2028?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And if he doesn't, they'll lose in 2028.

He's the best playmaker on the American side and that team will need playmakers who can score, to lead the offense.

LeBron was the cheat code, because he was the PG for this Olympic team. 

Who is the floor leader in 2028?

They’re going to give it to Brunson or Morant, watch.

Edited by RedDawg#8

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

They’re going to give it to Brunson or Morant, watch.

Mmhmm.   I expect to see that in the world championships or whatever the interim tournament is.  And I expect L's. 

Well, unless Trae switches to Nike.  Then he'll get a fair look.  But I've said too much .... 

6 hours ago, shakes said:

France had 2 top 10 picks last year including Wemby.  they had 3 top 10 picks this year including #1 and #2.  Next year they are projected to have another top 5 pick.  8 years from now France might have plenty of depth of talent.

True.  And I'll believe it when I see it.