• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Paris Olympics 2024

JayBirdHawk

Once Dyson starts getting the Hawks whistle he may be forced to ramp down at bit. At least we have Kobe and ZR we can throw at guys to keep the pressure up if he gets in to foul trouble.

The fact that we don’t need him to be a focal point on offense gives me hope he can just play through the BS defensively without fear of putting us in a bad spot. That’s literally what he is doing now for Australia. Giddy/Mills and Landale get the looks on offense and he just gets in where he can off of them. Defensively he just lets it all hang out. I love the fact that he has so much size. I can literally see Australia matching him up on Giannis in their next game. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Been saying it.  Gonna keep screaming it until proven wrong.  Dude is gonna have a MASSIVE positive impact on this team.  Massive.  

Everyone else will also need to 'up' their defense and not let it all fall to him though.  Everyone has to do their part for the overall team defense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 7/31/2024 at 12:05 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

What sport have you watched so far that you wouldn't normally?

I watched the Bronze medal match in women's archery between Mexico🥉 and the Netherlands.

I watched some 10 meter air pistol.  It was possibly one of the lease exciting spectator sports I've ever seen lol... I also watched some surfing, which was people just paddling around for 5 minutes before riding a wave for 6 seconds.  Also a little underwhelming but I don't know what I was really expecting.  The standout so far that I actually did enjoy was the mountain bike race.

Can someone explain to me why there are so many swimming events? Do we really need to know who can swim the fastest under all these arbitrary strokes?? Swim forwards, swim backwards, swim like a frog, swim like a butterfly... imagine if we did this in track and field, although i guess we kind of do with the "race walking" which is one of the more ridiculous events.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I watched some 10 meter air pistol.  It was possibly one of the lease exciting spectator sports I've ever seen lol... I also watched some surfing, which was people just paddling around for 5 minutes before riding a wave for 6 seconds.  Also a little underwhelming but I don't know what I was really expecting.  The standout so far that I actually did enjoy was the mountain bike race.

Can someone explain to me why there are so many swimming events? Do we really need to know who can swim the fastest under all these arbitrary strokes?? Swim forwards, swim backwards, swim like a frog, swim like a butterfly... imagine if we did this in track and field, although i guess we kind of do with the "race walking" which is one of the more ridiculous events.

Listen, when they finally put the doggy paddle in there, I'm bringing home the gold for the squawk! 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Listen, when they finally put the doggy paddle in there, I'm bringing home the gold for the squawk! 

I want a swim where you can't use your arms.  I want them to just bob up and down across the pool trying not to drown.  The 50 meter human buoy race

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You know I’m not a guy who self pats.. :indifferent: but in 🏀 terms.. get me in the pool and I’m trouble. Let’s just saying I’d be in a lane of 8 in squawk 🦜. I’d prolly medal 🏅.. good god this Olympic thing gon straight to my head! 

ps Anyone see that Turkish 🇹🇷 🔫 shooter? Homeboy came out in his pj’s like it’s just another day. The Jokic of pulling the trigger 😂 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You know I’m not a guy who self pats.. :indifferent: but in 🏀 terms.. get me in the pool and I’m trouble. Let’s just saying I’d be in a lane of 8 in squawk 🦜. I’d prolly medal 🏅.. good god this Olympic thing gon straight to my head! 

ps Anyone see that Turkish 🇹🇷 🔫 shooter? Homeboy came out in his pj’s like it’s just another day. The Jokic of pulling the trigger 😂 

Heh.  Get me in the pool and I'm a whole different kind of trouble.  As in, 'you better have a lifeguard on duty' kind of trouble.  I never learned to "swim".  I always say, "I can't swim but I can survive".

And, no, I didn't see the Turkish shooter but I'll definitely be scouring the interwebs for him.  I've never put this much effort into tryna see a man in his pj's. 😄

:Bob: Story of my life .... 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

although i guess we kind of do with the "race walking" which is one of the more ridiculous events.

The first time I saw this as a kid, I fell over laughing so hard. My friends and I did have fun trying it out but was so much cheating with the running while pretending to walk fast. Fun times.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I've finally seen the Turkish guy @Spud2nique was talking about and he's my new hero. 

I love that one photo; the turkish guy looks like he got an uber from the pub to the shooting floor and the other guy looks like some cyber punk nerd

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

😂 does that dude party with Jokic? We gotta gettem together! 😆 

Ain't no party like a Turk 'n Jok party, 'cause a Turk 'n Jok party don't stahhp! 

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I love that one photo; the turkish guy looks like he got an uber from the pub to the shooting floor and the other guy looks like some cyber punk nerd

And the one female shooter that's going viral looks like a Matrix villain. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Pretty crazy they can use a magnifying eye glass to view they scope even better — why not just put laser sights on the guns?  Im sure they are elite at whatever skill is being measured here but it all looks kinda ridiculous lol

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

I've finally seen the Turkish guy @Spud2nique was talking about and he's my new hero. 

this guy 😆 🤣 😂 gotta love it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

For posts like this you have to post the photo.  Come on, Jeff.  Don’t let us down!

• Haha 2