• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, David Roddy

JayBirdHawk

Rowland says the Suns are over the first apron so the salary savings doesn’t effect the Jones signing, just the owners pockets. Suns will have to use the vet minimum exception to sign Jones which they would have done with or without the Roddy trade.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Even suggesting they are upgrading scrubs is a Pollyanna take now.  Why else would they do this move?  

I literally just said the opposite.  Campster made a tongue in cheek “this is the type of value add move of which championships are made” sort of post.  I responded by praising the move but saying it is not an indicator of real progress like that but instead was upgrading scrubs.  Campster said it was a joke.  I apologized saying I took it sincerely as if someone thought this move was a portent of much bigger things in a Pollyanna way and agreed that the realistic take was that this was a low impact move that didn’t signify anything other than upgrading a scrub.

I’ll assume you missed the whole point of that exchange like I did Campster’s original post.  And I think you and I actually agree that this move is a low stakes bet on Roddy over Liddell which makes sense to me as well.

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Suns save a little money from our trade. They could sign Jones to the vet min anyways. The guy wants to start… was never going to come to atlanta

As a move to feee up money for Jones, this trade was a clear win for the Suns.  Hopefully it is also a win for us although of a likely more modest type.

While watching the films, I heard this comment about our newest Hawk:

"HERE COMES THE BULLDOZER!"

Hawks last season had Bey as their biggest bully type of player. We needed this and it appears to me that we have found him.  I hope so.  We all know that any film only shows the good stuff.  I like what I'm seeing.  Very good end-of-the-bench player!

:smug:

An upgrade is an upgrade, regardless of the part of the team we're talking about.  When you improve any position, you have then improved the entire team.  I believe this move improves the Hawks, no matter how small the improvement appears.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Rowland says the Suns are over the first apron so the salary savings doesn’t effect the Jones signing, just the owners pockets. Suns will have to use the vet minimum exception to sign Jones which they would have done with or without the Roddy trade.

The owners pockets can be very important to roster construction.  

On 7/28/2024 at 7:30 AM, AHF said:

I literally just said the opposite.  Campster made a tongue in cheek “this is the type of value add move of which championships are made” sort of post.  I responded by praising the move but saying it is not an indicator of real progress like that but instead was upgrading scrubs.  Campster said it was a joke.  I apologized saying I took it sincerely as if someone thought this move was a portent of much bigger things in a Pollyanna way and agreed that the realistic take was that this was a low impact move that didn’t signify anything other than upgrading a scrub.

I’ll assume you missed the whole point of that exchange like I did Campster’s original post.  And I think you and I actually agree that this move is a low stakes bet on Roddy over Liddell which makes sense to me as well.

You’re right, I was confused by what you meant.

On 7/27/2024 at 12:35 PM, AHF said:

That’s on me.  Some people have had, imo, Pollyanna takes on some of the things done by the FO.  I could see that perspective leaning into that kind of “every incremental win brings us closer to a title!” positive mindset.  I assume the Hawks are trying to figure out a move that makes sense and opens a spot and cap space for Bruno.  If we traded someone for a cheaper player, for example, we could still cut Zeller and keep him.

Full transparency: in a league of 450 players on active rosters, performing 400 micro transaction would win you GM of the century.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Full transparency: in a league of 450 players on active rosters, performing 400 micro transaction would win you GM of the century.

It depends on the time scale but if you do 400 transactions of any type in a single season you should win GM of the century just for the audacity.

• Haha 2