• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Dominick Barlow

JayBirdHawk

He's talented af but mentally just a couple years away. Maybe he breaks through this year. One of the Gleague guys I really liked over the years. Especially last year. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Sothron said:

For everyone bitching about our FO, this is an underrated steal of a 2 way contract. I'm honestly shocked he hasn't gotten a minimum contract at least from some other team. He's a real prospect that is a two way player.

And he's a light skinned brother so @RedDawg#8 can have another Hawks DNA player to cheer for!

If he develops into something, I won't hesitate to give them kudos.  My expectations for 2-way players are very low and he isn't locked into us for the long-term so I'm not giving them kudos before he turns into a real player.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

If he develops into something, I won't hesitate to give them kudos.  My expectations for 2-way players are very low and he isn't locked into us for the long-term so I'm not giving them kudos before he turns into a real player.

That's fair. I will say, just from risk/reward, this is a home run signing.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

He just turned 21 and put up like 24/8 on almost 58% shooting in the G league last season.  He's a real player. Very solid signing by the team. 

Now I like this guy's video.   Has good agility for a 6-10 big.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

That's fair. I will say, just from risk/reward, this is a home run signing.

If he ends up with an actual NBA contract with the Hawks then it's a home run. Right now this is a single with a chance at stealing second.

I'm not gonna poo poo the signing, Hawks have to develop and hit on some of these low hanging second round picks that they can turn into solid depth pieces at low cost.

• Like 1

Solid pickup. Landry is doing a good job this off-season. I don't blame him for the Bruno situation. I believe the DJ Murray trade was supposed to have gotten done before the new league season started. I blame David Griffin for stalling. Maybe that was his payback for us not taking back Brandon Ingram in the Murray trade. There's no way Landry wanted Zeller. Just my opinion, I'm no expert.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Greetings from 2026, Hawks FO let JJ go because they found their cheap replacement.  But don't worry, this new one got signed to a 2way in 2024 so he's got Hawks DNA in spades.

🙃 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2