• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Dominick Barlow

JayBirdHawk

7 hours ago, Packfill said:

I much rather have a guy with potential upside on a two-way versus a guy like Trent Forest, so I think this is a fine move.  That said, the probability Barlow becomes a rotation player is probably low.

This seems like a Hawks team in transition.

Which is a problem considering the fragile nature of the Trae situation. I personally don't think the hawks are reading the room. Trae...while happy at the moment we think, ain't staying around for the ambience. Anyone thinking this is a deep playoff team as it stands, doesn't need to play poker or the lottery.  

62BEEE09-9F92-4DBC-9325-79375E685ABD.gif

• Haha 2

Hawks really loved the 2022 draft

They drafted  AJ

And now we have Roddy, Barlow, and Dyson Daniels... 

If 1st you don't succeed, try, try, again... 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've read, and I believe this, that, if Dominick Barlow had been in this year's draft, he would have been taken in the 1st round.

Hawks have obtained a 2nd. 1st-round pick this summer by signing this player to a 2-way contract!  I like!

Also, like our 1st pick, he has two years of experience playing pro ball.  

If he is a total loss, this is no great deal.   But, if he works out, wow!  What a steal!

🥰

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I've read, and I believe this, that, if Dominick Barlow had been in this year's draft, he would have been taken in the 1st round.

Hawks have obtained a 2nd. 1st-round pick this summer by signing this player to a 2-way contract!  I like!

Also, like our 1st pick, he has two years of experience playing pro ball.  

If he is a total loss, this is no great deal.   But, if he works out, wow!  What a steal!

🥰

Can we develop him. Shows a lot of athletic ability and skill. Can we further develop his mid range, post game and  BBIQ ? I would hold off on the  3pt volume until i build his mid range confidence. He appears to have a ton of ability. Good test of our development department. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting read.

Very unusual profile.  I have to imagine he won't be as incompetent finishing around the basket with Trae feeding him and having a big who is effective on midrange jumpers (and maybe eventually farther out) is a nice compliment to our current bigs.  At least from the article sounds like he has about 20 skills under development that could be big if he makes some substantial progress while he is in Atlanta.  Will be interesting to see how much time he gets in Atlanta.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2024 at 3:56 PM, AHF said:

Very unusual profile.  I have to imagine he won't be as incompetent finishing around the basket with Trae feeding him and having a big who is effective on midrange jumpers (and maybe eventually farther out) is a nice compliment to our current bigs.  At least from the article sounds like he has about 20 skills under development that could be big if he makes some substantial progress while he is in Atlanta.  Will be interesting to see how much time he gets in Atlanta.

I don’t want to expect much of anything from him. If everything goes well, he’ll get little to no playing time in Atlanta. 
Things have to take a bad turn for him to make much of an impression.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
On 8/10/2024 at 4:32 PM, bird_dirt said:

I don’t want to expect much of anything from him. If everything goes well, he’ll get little to no playing time in Atlanta. 
Things have to take a bad turn for him to make much of an impression.

Or for him to break out.  Some guys do.  Ben Wallace was an undrafted FA.  I expect nothing but will hope he forces his way into the rotation due to strong play making him undeniable.  A long shot admittedly.

• Like 1

Some of the "end-of-the-bench players" on the Hawks roster better produce when called on.  Otherwise, this is a player who will be applying pressure on the organization to move him up!

I predict that he will be with the Hawks before Christmas!  He's too young and too good to be denied.

🥰

Of all the centers that the Hawks have, and there are many, Dominick Barlow holds the most intrigue.  He's only 21 years old and this will be his third year in the NBA.  He became expendable when the Spurs drafted their starting center last summer.

If Atlanta trades some of their present centers for players who play a different position, this should become our 3rd string center.  He will fit right in with Trae.  I have high hopes for this player.  Watch him in pre-season and with the Skyhawks.  He's a keeper!

:smug:

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2024 at 3:59 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20240730_155520_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dominique Barlow.  Since this is a dead spot in the NBA, watch this film and see if you think, as I so, that the biggest steal in the off-season occurred when he signed with Atlanta on a two-way contract.  If he's not with the Hawks by Christmas, something went wrong.  Someone must move to make room!

🥰