• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I really like this squad for 2024-25

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Too many question marks for me to be optimistic about this team. I see many of us are very happy we improved our defense and yes I also do like it. But to win we still have to score more than our opponents. Our star is a terrible defender and a very inefficient scorer. I expect his turnovers to go up this season, and am overall not very pleased with the roster they built so far.

And then there's injuries. We'll see, but I don't have many reasons to be optimistic.

33-49

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Too many question marks for me to be optimistic about this team. I see many of us are very happy we improved our defense and yes I also do like it. But to win we still have to score more than our opponents. Our star is a terrible defender and a very inefficient scorer. I expect his turnovers to go up this season, and am overall not very pleased with the roster they built so far.

And then there's injuries. We'll see, but I don't have many reasons to be optimistic.

33-49

Whoa 33-49? Wooooowww, I don’t think the media is that rough on us. 😆 

• Like 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Our star is a terrible defender and a very inefficient scorer.

Trae Young post-rookie season:  .589% TS%

2023-24:

Jalen Brunson .592% TS%

Dame .590% TS%

Jamal Murray .586% TS%

Trae Young .585% TS%

DeMar Derozan .584% TS%

Jalen Brown .580% TS%

Bam Adebayo .576%

Antman .575% TS%

Tyrese Maxey .573% TS%

Ja Morant .570% TS%

De'Aaron Fox .567% TS%

Trae does not stand out in a bad way with his scoring efficiency (especially compared to other scoring point guards).  There are lots of All-Stars with comparable or significantly worse scoring efficiency.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

2023-24:

Jalen Brunson .592% TS%

Dame .590% TS%

Jamal Murray .586% TS%

Trae Young .585% TS%

DeMar Derozan .584% TS%

Jalen Brown .580% TS%

Bam Adebayo .576%

Antman .575% TS%

Tyrese Maxey .573% TS%

Ja Morant .570% TS%

De'Aaron Fox .567% TS%

Trae does not stand out in a bad way with his scoring efficiency (especially compared to other scoring point guards).  There are lots of All-Stars with comparable or significantly worse scoring efficiency.

oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

• Haha 2

Other than Trae and JJ who is an above average player. This is a team in the middle of rebuild which will have a tough time scoring

I know the popular narrative was Trae and Murray was a bad fit but I think the problem was the Hawks didn't add the right pieces around them. A long 3 and D front court  would have truly made this a  competive teams. Now we are almost back to square one. It's nice knowing you will start each game with 50 points. A good season would be a team that grows throughout the season while developing our young players. We are a draft and free ageny away at minimal before we become truly competitive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Other than Trae and JJ who is an above average player. This is a team in the middle of rebuild which will have a tough time scoring

I know the popular narrative was Trae and Murray was a bad fit but I think the problem was the Hawks didn't add the right pieces around them. A long 3 and D front court  would have truly made this a  competive teams. Now we are almost back to square one. It's nice knowing you will start each game with 50 points. A good season would be a team that grows throughout the season while developing our young players. We are a draft and free ageny away at minimal before we become truly competitive.

I would say Bogi is well above average.  We're improving the defense but we're also eliminating below average rotation players.  I'm really curious what the Dyson effect will be as Trae has never played with a dominant POA defender.  

Murray can score points, but he's not efficient.  He's not that great of a floor general either.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bey and CC are definitely guilty a bit here as they were both in big slumps, but I still maintain that DJ was not as good as his stats would suggest for us even independent of fit issues with Trae.  

Bey and CC wasn't the issue

• Like 2

Ever the optimist, I believe that the Atlanta Hawks have too many good players to be as bad as some "experts" see our team.  While it's true that some will not work out as well as I now expect, others will step up and prove to be as good as advertised.

Our bench, or all those Hawk players who do not have the "starter" tag attached to their name, are much improved from last season.  We have some actually good players in this group.

35.5 wins this upcoming season?  No joke.  This is those "experts" projection for us.  Only if we have major injuries to more than one Hawk do I see this happening.  50% of an 82-game season = 41 and I expect to exceed this.

:smug:

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 9:19 AM, AHF said:

2023-24:

Jalen Brunson .592% TS%

Dame .590% TS%

Jamal Murray .586% TS%

Trae Young .585% TS%

DeMar Derozan .584% TS%

Jalen Brown .580% TS%

Bam Adebayo .576%

Antman .575% TS%

Tyrese Maxey .573% TS%

Ja Morant .570% TS%

De'Aaron Fox .567% TS%

It's the Trae narrative that won't ever die. He'll forever be the guy that shot 20% from 3pt early in his rookie season. Or so it seems. First impressions are hard to kill. 

He may not be the more efficient player in the NBA, but he's far from inefficient. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi is listed as our #2 option and comes it at a paltry #25 

You could make an argument for him over some of the people ahead on the list but at the end of the day our fan base is split on whether he even deserves to start this year so coming in fairly low on a list of #2s makes sense.  I expect next year's list will have JJ there.

• Like 1