• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

PRE-SEASON IS HERE !!

Falcons at Miami.  They have joint practice sessions Tuesday and Wednesday, then their 1st pre-season game Friday night.

The report of the 1st joint practice:  Dolphins looked great, ready to go.  Falcons looked terrible.

We get to see Friday night.

:bb:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Can someone explain to me why Penix is now being shut down for the rest of the pre-season?  Was 3 or 4 quarters really all the developmental time he needed?  This seems really strange.  Given that the plan is for him not to play in the regular season, it seems like he could use all the reps he can get.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, AHF said:

Can someone explain to me why Penix is now being shut down for the rest of the pre-season?  Was 3 or 4 quarters really all the developmental time he needed?  This seems really strange.  Given that the plan is for him not to play in the regular season, it seems like he could use all the reps he can get.

No clue but if he's not qb2 i'm going to be mad.   It really is strange unless they just want to bring him along really slow

Maybe they are scared if he does too well folks will be screaming for him a la Vick / Chandler days.  

Injury bug has already bitten the Hawks - hard.  They have been playing no projected starters in their first two pre-season games.  Expect the same thing in the 3rd and final game.  They had over thirty players inactive, including Penix.  Their thinking:  No point in getting players injured in pre-season, where the games don't count.  Besides, we need to watch all these other players to determine which ones to keep on the final roster and who we keep for the practice squad.

:smug:

Enough, already!  Falcons don't even dress out any projected starters.  Opponent's starters against all our back-up players.

I assume that all the Falcons that didn't dress out have made the roster.  Lots and lots of film to watch of all the other players.  Some will be cut, some will make the practice squad, and the remainder will make the regular roster.  Happy am I that I don't have to make all these decisions.  

Next Sunday, Falcon's starters will be dressed out and ready to go.  Now, plans will be made about how to attack our opponent and how to defend.  Now, new head coach and new assistant coaches, it's time to shine!

In pre-season, some played their way onto the varsity roster, some played their way onto the practice squad and some just didn't make the grade.  This week we learn who did what.  Cut-down is today!