• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Training Camp and Pre-season Schedule and Games

JayBirdHawk

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to 2024 Hawks Pre-season Schedule and Games
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gahdayum, that's less than 2 monts away!

Yes, I said monts! 

43 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

4 teams I actively root against on a regular basis.

We may end up 0-4 going in to the season, I just hope the squawk is still standing if we do.

Fak em all.

And, greetings from 2025.  JoeLLLL has a gold medal and about 20 NBA games played this season due to all the fatigue-related injuries. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
11 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

4 teams I actively root against on a regular basis.

We may end up 0-4 going in to the season, I just hope the squawk is still standing if we do.

Just saying right now that I don't care about pre-season results.  Not going to be more or less encouraged by much of anything that happens in those games as far as results.  Will care more about people entering the season healthy and how they look while they are on the floor.  We are going to be integrating a good number of new players into the top of our rotation and pre-season is always artificial as far as rotations, focus, etc.  Not the same as real games.  (Playoff Games > Regular Season Games >> Pre-Season Games >>> Summer League Games)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Last year I think there was a week or less from the last preseason game to the regular season.  You guys think regular season starts around the 22nd or so?  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Last year I think there was a week or less from the last preseason game to the regular season.  You guys think regular season starts around the 22nd or so?  

October 22nd is the posted start date.

• Thanks 2

Pre-season is a time to experiment. Hoping to see lineups featuring Nance and Okongwu/Capela at the 4-5 just to see if those can be positive minutes. Hoping to see ZR, Dre, and JJ on the floor at the same time too just to see how that would look.

Also hoping to see a healthy Bufkin and to see if he's made enough strides to be a solid rotation player this upcoming season too.

• Like 1

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to 2024 Hawks Training Camp and Pre-season Schedule and Games

Only 19 days until training camp opens!  A week later, the first pre-season game!

So many changes!  So many new players to try out!  As JayBirdHawk says, The Zacc Attack Era begins!

Then, finally, we will have something to talk about after all this dead time between seasons!

:smug:

GO ATL HAWKS!