• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Regular Season Schedule

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Y’all, chill.

Atlanta is hosting the College Football Championship Game on MLK Day 2025. Whether you care about college football or not the entire downtown area is going to be focused on that. It would be an even bigger issue trying to justify fans having to get in to State Farm will all that fanfare, tailgating, media, etc., taking place next door. It was the right thing to have us playing on MLK Day even though we aren’t hosting.

It’s one year, we will be fine lol

We’re gonna have Landry and Tony caved again threads popping up.  Thanks FO!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Y’all, chill.

Atlanta is hosting the College Football Championship Game on MLK Day 2025. Whether you care about college football or not the entire downtown area is going to be focused on that. It would be an even bigger issue trying to justify fans having to get in to State Farm will all that fanfare, tailgating, media, etc., taking place next door. It was the right thing to have us playing on MLK Day even though we aren’t hosting.

The MLK Game is usually a 3PM game, it's a Holiday, lots of Kids attend since no school. 

Just saying.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

As far as I can tell, we've had an MLK Day home game every season for the past 25+ years.  So the NBA knows MLK day belong in Atlanta... this season is clearly an anomaly and I imagine there's a reason for it, potentially something to do with the CFB championship game

This will be the 2nd time this century, we don't have a home game on MLK Day..

2017 was the first, playing in NYK.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This will be the 2nd time this century, we don't have a home game on MLK Day..

2017 was the first, playing in NYK.

Thanks, must have missed that one, wonder why we didn't have a home game that year.  Scheduling for 82 game NBA seasons with so many constraints has to be a pain

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Y’all, chill.

I'll not allow you to de-outrage me, redd.

31 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We’re gonna have Landry and Tony caved again threads popping up.  Thanks FO!

CodyZellerrelleZydoC

😉

• Haha 2

And don't give me the college football thing as an excuse.  It would've been a great opportunity to have some cross-promotion.  Ain't like they needed the hotel rooms for the Hawks game.

Is the league AGAIN overreacting to the snarl that happened when we hosted the asg like 85 years ago?

I'll not contain my outrage! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 8/15/2024 at 8:54 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Our First 10 games of the season:

vs Nets

vs Hornets

@ Thunder

vs Wizards

@ Wizards

vs Kings

@ Pelicans

vs Celtics

vs Knicks

@ Pistons

What will be our win/loss record?

If we can't go 4-1 in our 1st 5 - we have a problem. Home opener vs Nets should be a given.  Hornets seem to have our number the past few years, time to change that. We have to stop playing down to teams like the Wiz.

The next 5 will be tougher, but we are playing at home in 3 of the 5. As long as we take care of home court this season, the 1st 10 can be special.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

vs Nets

vs Hornets

@ Thunder

vs Wizards

@ Wizards

vs Kings

@ Pelicans

vs Celtics

vs Knicks

@ Pistons

7-3. The addition of plus defenders on the roster will be HUGE next season. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Win-Loss Predictions for Every NBA Team Following Complete 2024-25 Schedule Release

Atlanta Hawks: 38-44

Over-Under: 35.5

The Atlanta Hawks breaking up the Trae Young-Dejounte Murray pairing could be enough on its own to make them a little better. Last season, they were comfortably better when Young was on the floor without Murray, and returning their trust in the offense to Trae should pay dividends on that end.

But Atlanta is also at least one fit in on a transitional phase. It should be giving plenty of developmental minutes to 2024's No. 1 pick, Zaccharie Risacher. Jalen Johnson had a mini-breakout last season, but he's still just 22 and has some runway between here and his peak, too.

Straddling two timelines has worked for some teams. And to the extent it helps them exceed that over-under, it will for the Hawks, too. But it still feels like they're a year or two away from a surefire playoff spot.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10131893-win-loss-predictions-for-every-nba-team-following-complete-2024-25-schedule-release

• Like 1

I’m interested in coming for a game this year. Can’t wait!!!

I’m gonna be this dude. First time at a Hawks game in Atlanta after nearly 40 years of wanting it! 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8rRYtYiSnI/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

On 8/17/2024 at 4:38 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1::laugh1:

....I'm here for it. 

yes-nod-smile-grin-smiling-gif-5695935.g

Oh f me. Low key, don’t get on Burd bad side. 😐 

On 8/16/2024 at 2:42 PM, kg01 said:

And don't give me the college football thing as an excuse.  It would've been a great opportunity to have some cross-promotion.  Ain't like they needed the hotel rooms for the Hawks game.

Is the league AGAIN overreacting to the snarl that happened when we hosted the asg like 85 years ago?

I'll not contain my outrage! 

I’m comin this year bro. I’m gathering as many squawkers as possible, if not I’ll locate them there, we need to go to a game. It’s been long overdue #yolo

• Like 1

vs Nets

vs Hornets

@ Thunder

vs Wizards

@ Wizards

vs Kings

@ Pelicans

vs Celtics

vs Knicks

@ Pistons

I expect 4-6 to start the season. Ws most likely coming from Nets, Hornets, 1 Wiz game, and Pistons. 

On 8/17/2024 at 7:27 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Win-Loss Predictions for Every NBA Team Following Complete 2024-25 Schedule Release

Atlanta Hawks: 38-44

Over-Under: 35.5

The Atlanta Hawks breaking up the Trae Young-Dejounte Murray pairing could be enough on its own to make them a little better. Last season, they were comfortably better when Young was on the floor without Murray, and returning their trust in the offense to Trae should pay dividends on that end.

But Atlanta is also at least one fit in on a transitional phase. It should be giving plenty of developmental minutes to 2024's No. 1 pick, Zaccharie Risacher. Jalen Johnson had a mini-breakout last season, but he's still just 22 and has some runway between here and his peak, too.

Straddling two timelines has worked for some teams. And to the extent it helps them exceed that over-under, it will for the Hawks, too. But it still feels like they're a year or two away from a surefire playoff spot.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10131893-win-loss-predictions-for-every-nba-team-following-complete-2024-25-schedule-release

This is also about what I would guess. It’s very unlikely we’ll be over .500. 
Jalen and Trae will be good, but I think our C rotation will hurt us, French Vanilla will take a couple seasons to become the RZA, DD will be better than he was last year, but not take as big of a leap offensively that we need to reach the next level.
🙏 for health with Bogi, Kobe, Dre, JJ, OO, MoG… We won’t sniff past the first round without a full squad hitting on all cylinders. 
In a year or two after growing together this team could make some noise, but not much this year as things stand. 

• Like 2