• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bye, Bye 6th Man Section???? Or not??

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

From one of my sources: this is being name changed due to Kia not renewing the deal. It should return but with a different sponsor.

So why not just say that in whatever email was apparently sent out to the 6th Men (even if they don't have the sponsor as yet?)

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So why not just say that in whatever email was apparently sent out to the 6th Men (even if they don't have the sponsor as yet?)

I don't work for them so I don't know? 😛  My sources are pretty much MIA every August since that is the only real dead time in the NBA schedule.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because you can't charge more money if you "just" say the names changing.  Gotta pretend it's TOTALLY new.  To do that, you gotta kill the predecessor. 

Cmon, burd.  You ain't new to this. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, warcore said:

what's sadder is the thought that no other team even needs to have a 6th man section. The entire arena does what they do for other teams. 

This hyperbole is crazy lol Atlanta has pretty good fans and fan attendance compared to other teams.  Sure it feels like an away game on occasion, particularly when re-sell prices sky rocket (i.e Lakers, Warriors, Celtics), but that is not unique to Atlanta.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Never had the opportunity to sit there, but was in the section adjacent.  A night to remember!

.....but wait. Our lil buddy CViv chiming in.

Is that the section with that one white buff dude that looks like the nicest dude and he stands out usually. They did Al’s Amigos right? Ahhh man wtf why?

• Premium Member

I saw somewhere on Hawks twitter that the team has said they are bringing it back but with a different sponsor. I don't care enough to go back and find it but it was there.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I saw somewhere on Hawks twitter that the team has said they are bringing it back but with a different sponsor. I don't care enough to go back and find it but it was there.

Took me all of 6 seconds to find ...

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/rebranded-hawks-sixth-man-section-will-return-next-season/VV4ANOMKCVAQFHMNPK7LUQ2CVA/

... geez, tell us you don't love us without tellin' us you don't love us, saffron.

😔

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/rebranded-hawks-sixth-man-section-will-return-next-season/VV4ANOMKCVAQFHMNPK7LUQ2CVA/

... geez, tell us you don't love us without tellin' us you don't love us, saffron.

😔

tbf I already said this last night so...I'm basically repeating myself. also at work. 😛

• Haha 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

This hyperbole is crazy lol Atlanta has pretty good fans and fan attendance compared to other teams.  Sure it feels like an away game on occasion, particularly when re-sell prices sky rocket (i.e Lakers, Warriors, Celtics), but that is not unique to Atlanta.

I agree it's pretty good but probably only miami has worse no shows in lower bowl attendance.  I assume from corporate season ticket holders.  I'd be curious to see actual attendance numbers vs tickets sold.  I'm always suspicious of the attendance numbers they release.  

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree it's pretty good but probably only miami has worse no shows in lower bowl attendance.  I assume from corporate season ticket holders.  I'd be curious to see actual attendance numbers vs tickets sold.  I'm always suspicious of the attendance numbers they release.  

I sit down there a lot and it's always pretty full.  Both sides of the court have clubs underneath the stadiums so people are in and out of those a lot which might make the seats look empty, but that's just ppl going down to the club.  Seats are always full in the 4th quarter.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I sit down there a lot and it's always pretty full.  Both sides of the court have clubs underneath the stadiums so people are in and out of those a lot which might make the seats look empty, but that's just ppl going down to the club.  Seats are always full in the 4th quarter.

Yeah our attendance has been markedly better the last 4-5 years (wonder why).  The poor rep we have is no longer accurate.  Too bad the national media refuses to acknowledge.

Iirc, I looked at average attendance last season, based on actual seats available - I think this is done rather than comparing total tickets sold because larger arenas would always have an advantage mathematically or stte...

..anyway, we were in the upper 3rd of the league iirc. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

😔

It will be interested to see if it's just a REBRAND or major changes in size and ticket costs to go along with it.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It will be interested to see if it's just a REBRAND or major changes in size and ticket costs to go along with it.

I have little faith in Ressler the owner. Actually have faith in the FO but they can only do so much.