• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who the hell runs the Atlanta Dream Front Office?….FIRE THE GM

JTB

So recently I’ve been getting  way more into the WNBA…I blame the media for hyping or overhyping the Caitlin Clark vs Angel Reese stuff 😂 but hey it worked! It was a good marketing strategy and in my opinion the Caitlin vs Reese rivalry is the WNBAs version of Bird and Magic.

it brought it a crazy amount of viewership they didn’t have before so they should keep riding that train.

Nonetheless I do enjoy that rivalry and I can’t help but to watch the face of league Aja Wilson when she plays as she is absolutely must see TV! No exaggeration ….i knew Aja could ball but sheesh! That woman is a walking bucket . True skill set. Seriously WATCH HER.

OK…on to our Dream. Unfortunately they aren’t very fun to watch. The game that broke records when Caitlin and the Fever came to town was fun but overall they aren’t good.

so let me set this up because I’m upset… haven’t kept up with the dream since Angel McCoughty who was our star player that left us a few seasons ago. I been following women’s college basketball closely for the past two seasons and im a big fan of Juju Watkins. If you think Caitlin Clark was amazing at Iowa wait until Juju and USC really hits the scene! Juju is flat out a better overall scorer with shooting ability and defense but id give Caitlin the shooting range over her. Ball skills wise Juju is a beast!

Alright so knowing Atlanta dream is a lotto team and chances were high they miss the playoffs which they did, im thinking these last 2 months how great it’d be if the dream got the number 1 pick for 2025! Can the stars align over the city of Atlanta for both professional basketball teams ?!

So here we are, all the possibilities to get the next WNBA generational talent in Juju and what do I find out!…the dream owes their 1st round pick to the Mystic!….like bruh! Atlanta!…you cannot make this stuff up! I definitely missed that trade but it doesn’t make it feel any better.

Juju will be must see TV like Clark, Aja, and a few others and whoever our GM is messed up big time! 

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Sorry not sorry but ain't no one touching Caitlin 

Not sure what this means.  So many different ways I can interpret this.

• Haha 2

An idiot. They should have signed Skylar Diggins Smith and tried to draft Angel Reese. They would be miles better if they did that. 

Gray and Howard. I am fine with.

Tina Charles is Dwight Howard redeux where stats look good but impact is horrible. 

This team is hard on the eyes 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HawkingAwesome said:

She is going to break the wnba she already is. Despite the swoopes and Reesey stat padding 

Got it.  It will be interesting to see and there is zero doubt she has been amazing for the league.  I do think (relative to the competition) she is significantly better than Pistol Pete was.  Will be interesting to see if she ever merits an MVP which Pistol was never even in the conversation around.  Her TS% is bolstered by the 3pt shot but she is among the top in the WNBA whereas Pete was always below average in efficiency and above average in attempts.  Her playmaking also eclipses his.  Good start to her career for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 9/4/2024 at 12:39 PM, AHF said:

Got it.  It will be interesting to see and there is zero doubt she has been amazing for the league.  I do think (relative to the competition) she is significantly better than Pistol Pete was.  Will be interesting to see if she ever merits an MVP which Pistol was never even in the conversation around.  Her TS% is bolstered by the 3pt shot but she is among the top in the WNBA whereas Pete was always below average in efficiency and above average in attempts.  Her playmaking also eclipses his.  Good start to her career for sure.

She is in consideration for MVP she gets drafted along with boston I think and are basically taking the fever from worst to first. I must say though her shooting guard Mitchel is also a beast. They're a 3 headed monster but Caitlin is the catalyst.

Caitlin is great but no one is better than Aja Wilson in the WNBA folks.

she’s a walking bucket literally. She hoop like nba star. I’m seriously really impressed by her.

she will remain the best player for a while.

• Premium Member

I'm shocked to hear the WNBA teams have front offices.  What do they get paid with, IOU's?  Or does Daddy NBA pick up the tab for that as well?

On 9/4/2024 at 4:06 AM, JTB said:

So recently I’ve been getting  way more into the WNBA…I blame the media for hyping or overhyping the Caitlin Clark vs Angel Reese stuff 😂 but hey it worked! It was a good marketing strategy and in my opinion the Caitlin vs Reese rivalry is the WNBAs version of Bird and Magic.

it brought it a crazy amount of viewership they didn’t have before so they should keep riding that train.

Nonetheless I do enjoy that rivalry and I can’t help but to watch the face of league Aja Wilson when she plays as she is absolutely must see TV! No exaggeration ….i knew Aja could ball but sheesh! That woman is a walking bucket . True skill set. Seriously WATCH HER.

OK…on to our Dream. Unfortunately they aren’t very fun to watch. The game that broke records when Caitlin and the Fever came to town was fun but overall they aren’t good.

so let me set this up because I’m upset… haven’t kept up with the dream since Angel McCoughty who was our star player that left us a few seasons ago. I been following women’s college basketball closely for the past two seasons and im a big fan of Juju Watkins. If you think Caitlin Clark was amazing at Iowa wait until Juju and USC really hits the scene! Juju is flat out a better overall scorer with shooting ability and defense but id give Caitlin the shooting range over her. Ball skills wise Juju is a beast!

Alright so knowing Atlanta dream is a lotto team and chances were high they miss the playoffs which they did, im thinking these last 2 months how great it’d be if the dream got the number 1 pick for 2025! Can the stars align over the city of Atlanta for both professional basketball teams ?!

So here we are, all the possibilities to get the next WNBA generational talent in Juju and what do I find out!…the dream owes their 1st round pick to the Mystic!….like bruh! Atlanta!…you cannot make this stuff up! I definitely missed that trade but it doesn’t make it feel any better.

Juju will be must see TV like Clark, Aja, and a few others and whoever our GM is messed up big time! 

You know the best thing about your post?  The "Dream" is still alive . . .

. . . because JuJu isn't WNBA eligible until 2026.  Last year was her freshman year.  In the WNBA, you can't declare for the league until after your Junior year, or when you turn 22 ( whichever one comes first ).  That's a rule that needs to be changed, due to some of these girls already being WNBA ready.  At least let them be eligible after their Sophomore season.

As for 2025, it may be JuJu's new teammate that the Dream may get.  

This young lady.  Kiki Iriafen

Oh . . she can do this too.

Kiki is like a more offensively polished Angel Reese

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You know the best thing about your post?  The "Dream" is still alive . . .

. . . because JuJu isn't WNBA eligible until 2026.  Last year was her freshman year.  In the WNBA, you can't declare for the league until after your Junior year, or when you turn 22 ( whichever one comes first ).  That's a rule that needs to be changed, due to some of these girls already being WNBA ready.  At least let them be eligible after their Sophomore season.

As for 2025, it may be JuJu's new teammate that the Dream may get.  

This young lady.  Kiki Iriafen

Oh . . she can do this too.

Kiki is like a more offensively polished Angel Reese

Thanks for sharing! Had no idea women had to stay until jr season. That’s crazy! Yet good for good for the hawks like you said.