• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trae Young and Caitlin Clark

timdawg777

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, timdawg777 said:

Watching Caitlin play, do you see similarities in their games? I feel like her and Trae are almost the same player.

They are definitely more similar than her and Steph which is the comparison that is usually made

• Like 1

Very similar. Even her rookie campaign is looking similar to Traes.

she made a pass last week when I was watching and I was just in awe!…those playmaking skills she possesses are next level similar to Trae 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, timdawg777 said:

Watching Caitlin play, do you see similarities in their games? I feel like her and Trae are almost the same player.

I've made this comparison the entire year on Twitter.  Even when Caitlin was playing bad.

Her season has almost been a mirror image of Trae's rookie year, minus the big time team turnaround in the 2nd half of the season.

Caitlin was playing with 2 all-star caliber players that she had to learn how to play with.  Once that happened, Indiana took off like a rocket.

As we all know, Trae has never played with 2 all-star caliber players in a season.

• Like 3

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Yup but she gets blocks and is more efficient but she has a star 2 next to her and a star big.

Not a bit gap in efficiency.  She has a .592% TS% which is basically the same as Trae after his rookie season (Trae has just over a .589% TS% over that time).  It would not be surprising to see her become significantly more efficient than Trae but they are pretty close right now (to the extent you can compare stats across the WNBA and NBA at all).

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Caitlin was playing with 2 all-star caliber players that she had to learn how to play with.  Once that happened, Indiana took off like a rocket.

As we all know, Trae has never played with 2 all-star caliber players in a season.

38 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Yup but she gets blocks and is more efficient but she has a star 2 next to her and a star big

in-the-mean-time-for-the-moment-for-the-

skeleton-waiting-hmmm-think-gif-16408853

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 9/4/2024 at 11:24 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I've made this comparison the entire year on Twitter.  Even when Caitlin was playing bad.

Her season has almost been a mirror image of Trae's rookie year, minus the big time team turnaround in the 2nd half of the season.

• Thanks 2