• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Knicks Interested in Clint Capela

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/knicks-reportedly-interested-in-hawks-star-center/

President Leon Rose has been actively exploring options to bolster the center position, targeting several free agents—most of whom have already signed elsewhere—and considering potential trade candidates. Among the rumored targets is Nick Richards of the Charlotte Hornets. However, according to Ian Begley of SNY, the Knicks have also shown interest in Clint Capela of the Atlanta Hawks.

Capela, who is entering the final year of his contract, carries a $22.2 million cap hit. The Knicks would struggle to afford him immediately without offloading other contracts, but they might be better off waiting until the trade deadline, at which point they could secure his services for the rest of the season at a lower price.

"Tom Thibadough here .. nevermind that I misspelled my own name .. the point is, why would I want Capela when I could sign Taj Gibson for the 413th time?"

Seriously though, I'd bet real money that Taj is back on the Nix soon. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"Tom Thibadough here .. nevermind that I misspelled my own name .. the point is, why would I want Capela when I could sign Taj Gibson for the 413th time?"

Seriously though, I'd bet real money that Taj is back on the Nix soon. 

Taj signed with the HorCats. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

As I said elsewhere, we have no reason to move Clint except for value.  OO is too injury prone to rely on completely.  Nance and OO are both smaller.  CC’s contract expiring works well to create room for JJ’s next contract.  We are trying to win and he still is a good player.  I’m not opposed to trading him but not for garbage.

He makes more sense for us than anyone else right now.  Not that I can imagine we will move him, but if we could get even a protected first for him, I'd take that trade in a heart beat.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, AHF said:

As I said elsewhere, we have no reason to move Clint except for value.  OO is too injury prone to rely on completely.  Nance and OO are both smaller.  CC’s contract expiring works well to create room for JJ’s next contract.  We are trying to win and he still is a good player.  I’m not opposed to trading him but not for garbage.

I appreciate Clint's rebounding ability, but this team needs to improve defensively drastically. We've been in the bottom half of the league in team defense every year since drafting Trae. If we are moving forward with Trae as the DJM trade made clear, then we have got to get a front court that can protect the rim and get stops. We cannot expect to win gunslinging and score 130 every night.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I appreciate Clint's rebounding ability, but this team needs to improve defensively drastically. We've been in the bottom half of the league in team defense every year since drafting Trae. If we are moving forward with Trae as the DJM trade made clear, then we have got to get a front court that can protect the rim and get stops. We cannot expect to win gunslinging and score 130 every night.

You said "but" but the numbers say that Clint is an asset defensively.  He isn't where he was during our ECF run but a OO/CC/JJ/Nance frontcourt is much better than the same with CC removed.

• Like 1