• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Knicks Interested in Clint Capela

PSSSHHHRRR87

I would trade Capela for Di Vicenzo, Achiuwa and McBride, we add players Thate fit what we are doing and provide defense and depth solving our backup PG problem. I would release Matthews or Roddy and Zeller.

I could do a trade of Capela for Josh Hart as well.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I would trade Capela for Di Vicenzo, Achiuwa and McBride, we add players Thate fit what we are doing and provide defense and depth solving our backup PG problem. I would release Matthews or Roddy and Zeller.

If we release Zeller, we need to take back roughly $3M less than we send out to avoid the tax.  That becomes a double issue if you also cut Roddy.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Couple of issues to consider:

1. Outright releasing Roddy and Zeller does change our cap situation, there money will still be on the books unless we ask them to give back money via buyout. But why would they?

2. Knicks CANNOT take on even $1 more than they send out. CC $22.2 mil, Knicks 3 players $22.1 million, meaning Knicks still need to add another low cost player. Same with Hart for CC. Salaries much match 100% or less than CC going back to NY.

3. The biggest is the 'Nova Knicks' (who you ask, all the players on their squad that went to college at Villanova: Brunson, Bridges, Hart and DDV) - they aren't trading any of those guys this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1