• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The 2024 Season

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I hope we do fine.   I just don't see the Hawks doing well.  I think Daniels is being way overrated.   As long as you have Trae trying to play defense the other lead guards are going to eat him up.  

I hope I'm wrong.  We shall see 

• Premium Member

It's a heavy development year so I'm not expecting much.  With that said, I see some high variance upside potential, even if it's not likely.  Trae is a great sleeper MVP bet if things [un]expectedly click.  He will be back to high usage, running and executing our offense, probably put up some gaudy numbers this year.

• Moderators

Trae and team were great last year as long as Trae wasn’t playing next to a PG.  With DM and Patty on the floor with him, it was a train wreck.  Defense and offense were both better.  We shouldn’t need to have minutes played at SG by anyone smaller than Bogi this year.  Fingers crossed but we should be legit improved.

• Like 1

Playing 1/3 of the season without your best player doesn’t bode well for the on court results either. Same goes for your 3rd best player. And one of your key starters as well. All missed 1/3 of the season. Plus many others who missed a ton of time too.

We are projecting improvement and impact from a number of unproven guys, but one thing that will trump all of that is injury luck. If we can just have more consistent availability of our projected rotation than we had last season, that instantly reflects upon the win loss column.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hawks are deeper.  We have some players down on the farm (G League) this season that are better than some players we had on our 15- man roster last year.  Our injury history last season was terrible.  Yet, we are projected to win only 35.5 games this season.

:ahf:

• Moderators
23 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

It's a heavy development year so I'm not expecting much.  With that said, I see some high variance upside potential, even if it's not likely.  Trae is a great sleeper MVP bet if things [un]expectedly click.  He will be back to high usage, running and executing our offense, probably put up some gaudy numbers this year.

I'm not so sure.  I think it's going to be a really high assist year for Trae feeding 3 point shooters.  

Dyson/Bogi/Zacc/Hunter/JJ/Nance   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>   DJ/Bogi/Bey/Hunter/JJ/nobody