2024-25 Hawks Media Day News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

In regards to De'andre ever smiling you have to google De'andre Hunter and Cam Reddish.   I don't think DH has smiled since Cam left. 

FBv9hJvXEAYJ7vL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I remember thinking these guys were going to have the wing spots locked up for the next 10 years. I still think Cam would be in ATL right now if he hadn't requested a trade and accepted his role. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I remember thinking these guys were going to have the wing spots locked up for the next 10 years. I still think Cam would be in ATL right now if he hadn't requested a trade and accepted his role. 

RIP WingStop 😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Cody Zeller wasn’t at media day.  Landry only said we’re talking to his camp.  He’s likely headed for a buy out.

I don’t get into media day because it’s hours of canned answers.  The Cody Zeller situation was one of the only tangible takeaways, and even then you have to read between the lines to assert he’s a goner.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Agree. And that question was tee’d up by non other than Mr Brad Rowland, whom is not widely regarded around here by some.

He made it a point to get Landry to comment on Zeller’s “role” on the team.

The response told us everything we needed to hear about our plans moving forward. Zeller is here on paper only.

That part of that transition looks so weird especially when you consider how badly NOP needs a 5 now.  

It's like back when I had to wrote a 800-word essay in school.  About 600 words would be substance.  The rest if the 200 words would be trash I threw in just to meet the requirements.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

That part of that transition looks so weird especially when you consider how badly NOP needs a 5 now.  

It's like back when I had to wrote a 800-word essay in school.  About 600 words would be substance.  The rest if the 200 words would be trash I threw in just to meet the requirements.  

I know how that goes, used to be able to fill page after page with very simple words and extra spaces thrown in to some words to jack that count. Dang, still got it.  I hit 56 words my self with this quick note that has a letter count of no more than 6 per word

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Agree. And that question was tee’d up by non other than Mr Brad Rowland, whom is not widely regarded around here by some.

He made it a point to get Landry to comment on Zeller’s “role” on the team.

The response told us everything we needed to hear about our plans moving forward. Zeller is here on paper only.

Is ATL allergic to 7 footers (technically Zeller is listed at 6’11)… :banghead:

I know Zeller wasn’t the answer and shouldn’t be anywhere near rotational, but a buyout doesn’t help ATL either (unless ATL gets enough space under lux-tax to sign a player currently not on the team that better fits a team need).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm gettin so pumped about this season.  Can't freakin wait til next Tuesday night.  I just wish we had more vids from Training Camp.  I live about 5 min from camp.  I've seriously thought about trying to go over and sneak a peak. LOL

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, kg01 said:

We’re looking forward to watching them play like a poorly written essay in the coming years.  

• Haha 2