• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What’s our starting lineup for 24-25 season?

JTB

I think our starting lineup is what we saw yesterday

Trae/DD/Hunter/JJ/Cap

and our 2nd unit is 

Bufkin/Bogi/Risacher/Nance/OO

with Vit, Gueye and Roddy pushing for minutes.

However as the season advances I think Risacher and OO can replace Hunter and Capela..

Overall this is what we expected, a deep team, balanced with question marks at backup PG position and Center. I would gladly trade Capela and something else for Ayton. I would hate that something else is Nance because I think he can be key for us and would like a player with potential if Hunter is included, someone as Thybulle for example, better defender an similar impact on offense.

• Like 2

And I would add a thought, we are deep because we exchanged our starting SG for another starting SG (better fit) and a rotation big that we were really lacking, we lack bigs, and we added a real good piece at wing with Zach. We improved at wing and Big positions.

Additionally we have some players that can cover injuries at SG, SF and perhaps PF position with Vit, Roddy and Matthews, even Gueye. But we are thin at bigs and PG position and we are injury prone there with Bufkin, OO and Capela, also Nance. I think front office needs to realize that we should change some of our wing depth for Bigs depth and PG help, we are really thin there.

Edited by gurpilo

8 hours ago, BangHolman said:

Opening night, I bet it's Trae/Bogi/Dre/JJ/Capela, but by mid-season or sooner, I'm thinking Ice/Dys/Zacc/JJ/Cap with Bogi and Dre leading the bench.

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

I think our starting lineup is what we saw yesterday

Trae/DD/Hunter/JJ/Cap

and our 2nd unit is 

Bufkin/Bogi/Risacher/Nance/OO

with Vit, Gueye and Roddy pushing for minutes.

However as the season advances I think Risacher and OO can replace Hunter and Capela..

Overall this is what we expected, a deep team, balanced with question marks at backup PG position and Center. I would gladly trade Capela and something else for Ayton. I would hate that something else is Nance because I think he can be key for us and would like a player with potential if Hunter is included, someone as Thybulle for example, better defender an similar impact on offense.

I think it will be something like these scenarios. 

Start the year with:

Trae, Bogi or DD, Dre, JJ, Cap — I suspect Quin will want to lean on his vets more in the beginning. DD will need to show positive consistency all preseason and/or Bogi not being 100% for him to start at the beginning of the year.

But who I’d like to see is:

Trae, DD, ZR, JJ, OO — and I think that is likely what will happen by mid season or by the end of the year  

I like keeping Trae + DD together and Kobe + Bogi together. That’s just good balance. Dre is better off the bench, so if ZR can take the starting spot from him, all the better. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I might be in the minority here but I want dre to start until Risacher shows consistently hes better. Dre looked good last night, just his shots weren’t falling… and he will get into matchups on defense that suit him better playing with Dyson.

Trae

Dyson

Hunter

JJ

Capela

• Like 2

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I thinks we are going to have versatility in our lineups.

I'm more interested in whoever we start don't get us in a hole to start the game.

Could it be?!?!

image.gif

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I might be in the minority here but I want dre to start until Risacher shows consistently hes better. Dre looked good last night, just his shots weren’t falling… and he will get into matchups on defense that suit him better playing with Dyson.

Trae

Dyson

Hunter

JJ

Capela

I also want Risacher to earn his starting spot but I'd rather see Bogi and DD than Dre and DD in the starting lineup so we get out to stronger starts.  Quin has much nicer options and tougher choices on the wing than last year.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, AHF said:

I also want Risacher to earn his starting spot but I'd rather see Bogi and DD than Dre and DD in the starting lineup so we get out to stronger starts.  Quin has much nicer options and tougher choices on the wing than last year.

Getting out to a stronger start implies playing the best lineup, which is Trae/DD/Hunter/JJ/Capela, in my opinion.  Risacher had a nice night, and he was my guy pre-draft, but let's not get ahead of ourselves