• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What’s our starting lineup for 24-25 season?

JTB

Kobe Bufkin is a PG, not a 2 guard.  DD is a 2 guard, not a PG.  Hawks have enough decisions ahead of them without this.  Occasionally, it may become necessary for them to play the other position, but not on a regular basis.  

SF, PF & Center may be more interchangeable than these two positions.  

:smug:

I think the starting lineup will be a moving target this year, mostly due to injury and possible trades.  Opening night my guess is:

Trae, Dyson, Hunter, Jalen, Capela

By end of year I'm guessing Trae, Dyson, Risacher, Jalen, Okongwu.  Capela is either traded or demoted after the trade deadline.  

With Capela, Hunter, and possibly Nance and Bogi on the trade block, we could easily see a new starter via trade as well.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I think the starting lineup will be a moving target this year, mostly due to injury and possible trades.  Opening night my guess is:

Trae, Dyson, Hunter, Jalen, Capela

By end of year I'm guessing Trae, Dyson, Risacher, Jalen, Okongwu.  Capela is either traded or demoted after the trade deadline.  

With Capela, Hunter, and possibly Nance and Bogi on the trade block, we could easily see a new starter via trade as well.  

Yes.  You can't start Zacc yet.  He'll get abused on D.  He needs some experience first.  Dyson/Hunter are the starters for sure although Hunter barely played in preseason so not sure what's up there. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.  You can't start Zacc yet.  He'll get abused on D.  He needs some experience first.  Dyson/Hunter are the starters for sure although Hunter barely played in preseason so not sure what's up there. 

Agree he should not start out of the gate, but I am hopeful he proves you wrong on the bolded statement.

• Premium Member
On 10/19/2024 at 8:18 PM, sturt said:

(Which is consistent with the thought that only recently struck me... depth charts don't really capture the reality... and so I've transitioned to the above, outlining the first three substitutions, and then an approximate average # of minutes for each.)

https://soaringdownsouth.com/hawks-snyder-starting-lineup-rotation-young

2024-10-21_10-34-59.png

• Premium Member

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

start

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

start

Probably less important (see above), but we're so used to the paradigm.

Zacc's going to get starter's minutes regardless, but your point is well-taken that the HC needs to be cognizant of who Zacc is having to defend when he's on the floor.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Agree he should not start out of the gate, but I am hopeful he proves you wrong on the bolded statement.

he will sooner than later.  i'm just saying any rookie, especially a 19 year old, is going to struggle to defend in their first NBA games.  Let him get some minutes under his belt and long term he and dyson will be true wing stop.